Wednesday 20 October 2021

Wednesday, 20-10-21

  Hi!  
It's becoming obvious that I really ought to know exactly what ready meals I have available to use so I'm deferring sorting out the pork and vegetarian and getting the readies (both bought and home made) into some sort of list this morning.

The week's going well so far.  You will have noticed that I'm not mentioning calories - that's because I'm taking a break from them and using my common sense and knowledge.  I can see why people who count calories get fed up after a while.
Everyone's different and different strategies suit different people.

Yesterday's meals:

A filling egg mcmuffin type breakfast.
Soup and leftover stroganoff plus a couple of apples for lunch.


And a little nibble of cheese later on - still within my healthy As though.
And a hotpot with veg followed by yogurt for dinner.

All nice and filling.



Today's plans:

B:  porridge with fruit and yogurt
I may very well use my apple pie spice mix; I do love it and it's just right for these autumnal mornings.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the oats and half an A for 125g milk (I make up the rest with water but I really do like using some milk in my porridge)

L:  fish sushi, side salad; fruit
I still haven't got around to having a go at making sushi so this is the last of the Aldi packs, frozen a few weeks ago.
SW  The sushi is two syns and any mayo I use will be half a syn

D:  Szechuan beef, konjac rice
I found this on the SW site so, if you have access, it's easy to find in the recipe section.  I've never made it but seem to have nearly all the ingredients so - give it a go!  I'll use frozen peppers instead of fresh and the chilli sauce will be tabasco because that's what I've got.
It doesn't say what to serve it with apart from rice.  I might add some sliced onion and some mushrooms to the mix to go with the beef and the peppers.  All speed anyway.
SW:  it says the recipe is one and a half syns per serving so I will go with that because they should know and the rice is one syn.  As always, the yogurt is half a syn.

E:  it's personal training with Lindsey today.  I'm looking forward to it a lot - it's going really quite well at the moment.

Summary:
one healthy extra A (I will use the other half A in teas)
one healthy extra B
six syns

From the freezer:  the sushi, steak, peppers

No comments:

Post a Comment