Friday 22 October 2021

Friday, 22-10-21

 Hi!  
Weigh day today at SW meeting and, after that, whatever the outcome, I have planned a super delicious day's eating within SW parameters.  Indulgent with syns, rather above what I normally have but not off plan (I don't count the few little rule benders like maybe wholemeal flour and synning cooked apple because I think they are a bit silly)

I've been looking through the new SW magazine and there are some lovely looking recipes in there to add the collection I already have.  No chance of getting bored with my food at the moment.

Today I think I will sort through and audit the pork and vegetarian section of the freezer.  Getting there!
Then, when the weather is colder, I can just lift out all the bags, knowing that all is in good order, and defrost much more easily.  Both the freezers do need a defrost, the upright one more than the chest one, so roll on the colder weather.

Yesterday's meals:

A very satisfying breakfast with frozen raspberries originally picked down the allotment.

Unfortunately, more than likely due to an 'over consumption' of sugar free chewing gum, I - er - suffered!

I changed lunch to a banana and a pear.  No photo.

And that was it (apart from drinks) because a) I just wasn't hungry at all and b) - er - wind!!
(sorry if that's tmi)
Sadly, I have had to throw out the chicken casserole.  I thawed it before I realised I wasn't going to be able to eat it.  Oh, well, some you lose.

I feel fine this morning and expect to enjoy my planned meals today

Today's plans:

B:  apple pie pancakes
The mix of apple pie spice, caramel skinny syrup and apple is so lovely in the porridge the other day, I decided to try pancakes as well.  I think the spice mix just has a 'seasonal' vibe.  It could just as easily be called pumpkin spice mix or even Christmas spice mix with maybe the addition of a bit of ground cloves.  Anyway, fingers crossed and I will let you know.
SW:  Whether I use oats or wholemeal flour, it will be one healthy extra B and if I have a drizzle of chocolate sauce (likely) it will be one and a half syns.  The grated apple semi-cooks in the pancakes but I'm not synning it.

L:  cheesy jacket potato with salad; fruit
I'm having a bit of a craving for a jacket potato so why not?  A small-ish jacket potato and up to 60g grated cheddar with a nice big, crunchy salad on the side.  Lovely!  I might finish the indulgence with the penultimate apple from my little flamenco tree.
SW:  up to two healthy extra As for cheese and up to two syns for superlight mayo because you have to have mayo with a jacket.  Yes, you do!

D:  crispy chicken steak in batter, chips, peas or other really nice veg; yogurt
I found a box of these chicken products in the freezer - well, not exactly 'found', I knew they were there, but they had been covered and out of sight, out of mind.  I have no idea what they are like but someone on a vlog said they liked them so I thought I'd give them a go.  They're from Aldi - and I will let you know.
Potato made chips are pretty much a weekly treat now and I will splash out a couple of syns on real oil to actifry them in.
SW:  the chicken is five and a half syns, the oil is two syns, some bbq sauce (if I have it) is one syn and the yogurt is half a syn.  Not too bad at all!

E:

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
twelve and a half syns

From the freezer:  Not so much today - just the chicken and some peas.  Must get back on it properly tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you get on alright at SW. We're having chips tonight too - as it's Friday (and I'm in pain today) it's going to be lemon pepper lightly dusted fish, oven chips and peas out of the freezer. Thank goodness for freezers! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fine, thanks
      Really sorry you're feeling bad today - that's a nice, easy meal to make. Do you make the lemon pepper or do you have a ready mix?
      xx

      Delete