Saturday 30 October 2021

Saturday, 30-10-21

  Good morning!

Yesterday's meals:

I just had a couple of satsumas for breakfast so no photo.

Lunch was the Thursday even lasagne, reheated and it was still lovely!
Dinner doesn't look nearly so lovely as lunch but it was absolutely delicious.  I'm not sure why the SW friend's effort didn't work for her - I suspect the stock she used wasn't very good (I used home made stock, made by boiling up a chicken carcass and reducing the liquid down) and I did use the suggested topping cubes of bread, sprayed with spray oil and crisped up in the oven, plus a bit of cheese because I'd defrosted the bread for breakfast and just fancied the cheese.

Today's plans:

B:  a cooked breakfast of bacon, skinny sausage, beans, egg and mushroom
I'm feeling rather hungry and am hoping that this fills the gaps.
SW:  half a syn for the sausage but the rest should be free

L:  Chinese beef curry and egg fried rice; fruit
One of the home frozen 'ready meals' and I really can't recall the original meal so fingers crossed it is OK
SW:  one syn (it says on the container lid)

D:  chicken and bacon Amatriciana noodles; yogurt
I have a little pot of Amatriciana sauce in the freezer so I will stir fry some bacon, chicken and assorted veg, add the sauce and stir in some konjac noodles, serving it with a topping of grated cheese
Real Amatriciana sauce is made starting with a 'good glug' of olive oil so this effort is nothing like it, but it'll be OK.
SW  one and a half syns max for the konjac noodles and half a syn for dessert.

E:  an online walk, I think

Summary:
one healthy extra A
no Bs today
three and a half syns

From the freezer:
one sausage
Chinese beef curry and rice meal
chicken
bacon
Amatriciana sauce


I looked up Amatriciana sauce.  It's similar to arrabiata sauce which means 'angry' sauce.  Amatriciana sauce is similar but originates in the town of Amatrice in central Italy.
So now we know!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't either, until I looked it up. Good old Google!
    xx

    ReplyDelete