Tuesday 12 October 2021

Tuesday, 12-10-21: Fish Week 2, day 3

 Morning!
I'm now out of salmon so Fish Week is working.  I must do similar weeks for other stuff I seem to have way too much of.  I feel another freezer inventory coming up!  It will be easier now as everything is organised into bags.

In other news, I have cancelled my Hello Fresh subscription now.  It was never going to be a long term thing and I was getting a bit irritated that they don't cater for just one.  Also, I'm rather liking the Tastily meals which are healthy and very flavoursome.  More expensive, yes, but you just order when you want, there's no weekly choice that you have to amend and you can freeze them.  I'm thinking maybe a bi-monthly purchase to have when I fancy.
But not until I've worked through more of my home mades!!

Yesterday's meals:

Half a pitta is hard to fill without making rather a mess!  Never mind, it tasted great.  Salad leaves, some mayo and some bacon and mushroom that had been friend together with a bit of spray oil.  The tomatoes are, amazingly, still from the garden.  There's hardly any left now, certainly not enough to do much with the green ones.
A nice way to have Hunter's chicken - on a bed of stir fry veg.  Very tasty.
Then I had an apple and an easy peeler.


And then, just as things were going so well, I had an absolute crash.  Don't know why but I went to Morrisons, bought rubbish and scoffed the lot.  I haven't had a binge like that for so, so long and  I bitterly regret it this morning.

I need to have a long, hard think about why and come to some sort of plan of action.  I don't want to do that again, I truly don't.  I'm gutted!

Today's plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
Nice and light - and a favourite.
SW:  speed and free, half a syn for the yogurt

L:  soup; fruit
I have three soups in the freezer so will choose one of them to enjoy for lunch
SW:  all speed or free.

D:  (copied from yesterday because I didn't have it then)  D:  salmon carbonara, green beans; yogurt
The salmon carbonara is adapted from another Tastefully Vikkie recipe, found here.
https://tastefullyvikkie.com/salmon-spaghetti-carbonara-slimming-world-syn-free-recipe-for-one/
(it's a recipe for four but has a gizmo to reduce it down to one)I might use some primula light or laughing cow triangles instead of the eggy mixture, to make up a healthy extra A with some grated hard Italian cheese and I will reduce the spaghetti to around 50g as 80 makes too much for me.
SW:  the cheese is between one and one and a half healthy extra As and the yogurt is half a syn.  The rest is free, speed and/or protein

E:  a good walk around Cressing Temple.

Summary
one to one and a half healthy extra As
no healthy extra Bs
one syn

fish:  salmon
from the freezer:  soup

4 comments:

  1. I smiled when I read that you had a crash and ate rubbish. Thought it was just me..:- These fish meals have been fabulous though and i'm getting tons of great ideas from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm smiling too. It's falling into perspective a bit and I think Sooze, below, has hit the nail bang on the head.
      I'm glad my fishy meanderings are helping. I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying it all, to be honest. I hope I can keep it up.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Maybe it was a reaction to the weekend at your Dad's? I know I'm an emotional eater - if something's happened, or I'm not feeling myself or am a bit down for whatever reason, all I want is to eat generally carby rubbish, or sometimes even chocolate - and I'm not even a chocoholic. Don't beat yourself up about it, Joy, it's done and dusted - but if you can identify why it happens, that might help you for the future. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are bang on, Sooze. I have had a bit of a struggle to pick myself up again and it wasn't helped by getting a long email/attachments from John regarding Dad's estate and the IHT calculation/paperwork/etc. As John said, hellishly complicated but he's doing a grand job with the help of a friend who is in finance and knows what he's doing.
      Oh, well, it's done and I must just pick myself up and carry on again. Stuff happens in Real Life and coping and moving on is just part of it.
      Thanks.
      xx

      Delete