Thursday 14 October 2021

Thursday, 14-10-21, Fish Week 2, day 5

 Morning, everyone.

Everything seems to be going well and on plan again, thank goodness.  An inevitable result of a binge is that it sets up certain cravings but they are manageable.
Fingers crossed life itself stays steady for a few weeks now.  xx

Yesterday's meals:

Lovely warm and sweetly spicy porridge for breakfast.  It almost looks halloween-ish, a bit spiderish.  I was just trying to make it look pretty but rather failed there!  

The Count on Us lasagne was OK.   I prefer it cheesier but didn't expect it to be, not for those calories.
not one to buy again - I plan to make a few at some point (for the freezer) but not in the next month or so.
I had a banana and a pear for afters.


Later in the afternoon, I had a nibble of cheese which was OK because I hadn't planned much healthy extra A.
This really was very tasty.  I treated the tuna steak like a fillet steak, cooking it for a very brief time, and it worked.  The squash was roasted with cumin and cinnamon and was gorgeous while the salsa went with the tuna a treat.  The beans and the courgette were extras,
There's a bit of salsa left over so I will see where I can use it today.
A kvarg to follow and I was stuffed.


Today's plans:

B:  scrambled egg on toast
I have some smoked salmon so I might have a bit of that on top as well.  I will spray fry the bread for crunch.  For those who don't know, all I do is spray one or both sides of a slice of bread with spray oil and them pop under the grill.  It has the effect of a piece of fried bread but without all the oil and it keeps nice and crunchy when you add the topping rather than going soggy like toast.  I love a good crunch which is why crisps and the like are what I fall for!
SW:  one healthy extra B, speed, free and protein

L:  Count on Us chicken in a creamy mushroom sauce; fruit
. . . to which I may add some fresh veg or salad as well because why not?  :-)
I have a feeling I've already tried this and it was okay-ish but I have two to use up (both on yellow sticker) so may as well make the best of it.
SW:  four syns for the ready meal.  The rest will be speed/free apart from a bit of mayo, should I have salad

D:  kedgeree, side veg (maybe roasted Med-type veg); yogurt
I found the kedgeree recipe here:  
https://www.supergoldenbakes.com/easy-midweek-meals-kedgeree/
I'm pretty sure it's a new to me site and certainly a new recipe but I have smoked haddock so let's give it a go.
I'll be using spray oil rather than butter, of course, and cutting the amount of rice significantly, replacing it with the roasted veg on the side.
I'll let you know.
SW:  as far as I can tell, a bit of an A plus half a syn for dessert and the rest is all free, one way or another.

E:  maybe a walk and definitely some circuit exercises and calf strengthening (they are definitely working).

Summary:
a bit of a healthy extra A, probably around half
one healthy extra B
four and a half syns

Fish:  smoked haddock
From the freezer:  chicken ready meal, smoked haddock, bread for toast

I still have:
bits of cod
a few smoked haddock pieces
two Morrisons fish cakes
one small tuna steak
. . . and lots and lots of ready meals, bought and home made.

2 comments:

  1. It's very easy to overcook tuna steaks isn't it....and disastrous, as it turns them so tough (as I know to my cost the first time I cooked it!). xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I did too and it wasn't nice. Then I read 'treat it like a piece of fillet steak and the difference was considerable. xx

      Delete