Sunday 31 October 2021

Sunday, 31-10-21

  Good morning!

Yesterday's meals:

Nice, filling, but I'm not terribly fond of the skinny sausages, I have decided.  I think I'd rather get high meat ones and pay the syns.
Lunch (the frozen Chinese curry and rice) looked distinctly unappetising but the flavour!  Wow.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.



Dinner was a chuck it all in together and hope for the best.  Onion, peppers, mushroom, chicken, bacon, seasonings, some Amatriciana sauce and a little pot of passata made with garden tomatoes.  Oh, and a pouch of konjac noodles.

It was really nie and there's half left for this evening.

I can't pretend konjac noodles are the same as real noodles and on SW real noodles are a free food while a pouch of konjac noodles is one and a half syns.  However, they are less than a tenth of the calories, so I pay the syns and they are OK, just not proper noodles.



Today's plans:

B:  fruit platter
Nothing fancy, just seasonal stuff really, apart from an orange
SW  speed

L:  roast chicken dinner; fruit
Beth and Alex are over so I'm doing what Alex loves best - Nan's roast dinner.  I'm spoiling us with the works - roasties, cranberry sauce, bread sauce (the nice SW friendly sauce I found the other week), Yorkshires and lovely veg - sprouts, broccoli and cauliflower.
Beth's having a veg and bean savoury crumble instead of chicken.
SW:  a bit lavish but I won't go bonkers.  The bread sauce I am counting as a B and one and a half syns (crème fraiche)), the gravy will be one syn, if I have some and I may very well not, each Yorkshire will be around two syns plus a healthy A (milk in the Yorkies and in the bread sauce - it won't be quite as much as that so if I have a cuppa tea in the afternoon, I won't bother to count the milk) and I will spray roast the potatoes in the Actifry.  The cranberry sauce will be around one and a half syns-ish
So it could be an awful lot worse!

D:  the other half of the spicy chicken, bacon and noodle thingy; yogurt
This is the easiest meal ever - a quick warm up in the microwave!
SW:  half a syn for the konjac noodles (I counted the other one syn yesterday) and half for the yogurt

E:  Something inside as it is absolutely chucking it down today.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
a maximum of eight and a half syns (that's OK for a good old Sunday's food)


From the freezer:  it's a goodie today
two pieces of chicken
cranberries (for the sauce)
onion, peppers, mixed beans, sweet potato cubes, passata, all for Beth's beany mix
and I'm using up the spicy noodle thing instead of freezing it.

However, there's some crumble topping left over which will go in the freezer for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment