Thursday 7 October 2021

Thursday, 07-10-21; Fish Week day 6

Good morning.

Yesterday's meals:

It may not look very pretty but this apple pie porridge was lush.  I use my apple pie spice mix and also added some 'caramel fudge waffle cone' skinny syrup which is rather nice.  

Nice and filling and warming.


Another really nice Tastily meal.  A bit messy looking but the flavours were spot on and, amazingly, the cabbage wasn't overcooked.

I had a couple of allotment apples (cut up) and a plum later on.

Another meal that didn't look all that amazing.  Smoked haddock and leek risotto.    However, despite its looks, it was great, really tasty and I'm going to do it again.  It was a baked risotto so trouble free and I reckon one can ring the changes with added veg, different fish and so on.
A Mullerlight yogurt finished a good day's eating.

In the new Delicious magazine, there's an article on simplifying food and it says there's a phrase in Italian - brutto ma buono - meaning 'ugly but good'.  I reckon that was yesterday's meals.


Today's plans:

B:  boiled eggs and toast dippers
This doesn't excite me all that much but maybe it will by the time I get to making it.
it should be around 300 calories
on SW, it is free/protein and one healthy extra B

L:  salmon tray bake with mixed vegetables; fruit
This is another Deliciously Vikkie recipe and it looks ginormous so I will be adapting the recipe slightly - or, at least, cutting down on the portions.  For example, I won't be having a whole sweet potato or a whole parsnip, nor will I be going for 100g broccoli, much as I love it.   I'll track it all using Nutracheck.
not sure of calories yet but, for convenience, let's say around 450
on SW it would all be protein, speed or free, although I have some feta which I might crumble over at the end

D:  chicken katsu curry; yogurt
The last of the Tastily meals for this week, it says 'Japanese spiced chicken breast in our delicious katsu sauce, roasted red cabbage and edamame, served with rice.  Sounds nice, doesn't it?  Looks nice too, in the packaging.
the curry is exactly 500 calories and the yogurt will be around 80-ish calories
I have no idea of SW values - what's stated looks fine but there could be hidden oils and the yogurt is half a syn

E:  calf exercises mainly, on and off throughout the day.

Summary: 
an estimated 1300 calories
possibly one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
absolutely no idea of syns



4 comments:

  1. You've had some really nice fish meals this week, Joy - well, all your meals sound nice. I love dippy eggs with toast soldiers....it's a bit difficult to get the eggs cooked exactly right though so the yolks are runny but the whites are set (can't abide runny whites). Well, it is for me anyway :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it hard too. Today's were a bit on the overdone side - well, one was. The other was a bit underdone. Given that they were cooked exactly the same, what can you do?
      They were nice though!
      xx

      Delete
  2. They all look flipping yummy to me. I often find that the ugliest looking meals turn out to be the tastiest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They often do, don't they. Some of the frills and fusses aren't worth the effort unless you are on MasterChef or Great British Menu.
      Thank you for the kind comment. :-)
      xx

      Delete