Monday 25 October 2021

Monday, 25-10-21

 Good morning!

Yesterday's meals:

Not exactly beans on toast, more like dippy beans.   Ooops, just looking at the photo and I realise I forgot the cheese.  Oh, well . . . it's still Sunday morning as I'm writing this bit so I will have some on the soup for lunch instead.


I had serious reservations about lunch.  Lentil and root veg soup is fine but with meatloaf crumbled in?  It didn't look all that tempting; in fact it looked distinctly off putting but you know what?  It was absolutely delicious.  Phew.

I had an apple later on.
Dinner was just amazing, absolutely gorgeous.  It looks a real plateful and so it was but with loads of vegetables - roasted carrot, sweet potato, parsnip and shallots, runner beans, a couple of SW friendly Yorkshires and that lamb shank.
Being a bit canny at times, because the oven was on, I did extra root veg (for tomorrow) and jacket cooked a potato.
A yogurt finished off the day's scoffing!

Today's plans:

B:  bacon, egg, tomatoes and mushrooms
My go-to cooked breakfast
SW:  speed/free except for bbq sauce, if I have any, which will be a maximum of one syn

L:  meatball pasta, side salad; fruit
I made this dish a long time ago and it's the leftovers.  I will add another 15g cheese to make it up to one A
SW:  the meatballs and pasta are 4 syns and half a heA (it says on the lid) plus another half A of cheese added while the rest will all be free, etc

D:  lamb hotpot, mixed veg; yogurt
To make this, I will use one of the pots of lamb from the other day, the onions, carrots, parsnip and sweet potato roasted yesterday, a little bit of lamb shank and gravy left over, plus the leftover baked beans rinsed of sauce, all reheated, top with potato slices, spray with oil and brown it in the oven or maybe under the grill.  Simple and tasty but not traditional as everything is already cooked.
SW:  I didn't really know how to syn the lamb so I've given each pot an arbitrary two syns.  I was very careful to remove all the visible fat but just to be on the safe side . . .  Dessert is half a syn

E:  circuit training with Lindsey

Summary:
one healthy extra A
no healthy extra Bs
seven and a half syns


From the freezer:
meatball pasta
lamb in stock
mixed veg

No comments:

Post a Comment