Monday 18 October 2021

Monday, 18-10-21

 Morning!
Well, I didn't get the poultry and fish bag sorted out yesterday so that's moved on to today's list of Things To Do.  Not to worry, there's plenty of time, isn't there?

Yesterday's meals:

Typical me cooked breakfast and very nice too.
This was - er - interesting.  I vaguely remember not particularly like the chicken and rice before but didn't want to waste what was left.  Oh, well, it's gone now!

I had another apple from my little columnar flamenco (two left on the tree now) and it was delicious.


This was so good.
I can't say the Yorkshire was any better or worse than when made with oats ground into flour in my blender.  However, I do think it would be worth spending a couple of syns on a tsp oil rather than using spray oil.
I had actifried sweet potato and parsnip and there's some left over for tonight's dinner
And this was the lemon mousse which hasn't come out all that well in the photo, sorry.
I used the juice and zest of one largish lemon plus more lemon juice from a bottle, two smallish eggs and one tbsp stevia, beaten together and cooked like lemon curd in a bowl over simmering water.  It tasted a bit lacking so I added one tsp caster sugar (one syn) which improved it no end!
When the curd was cold, I mixed in one pot of kvarg (it should have been plain quark but I didn't have any.  I'm really glad because I think it was much nicer than if it had used quark.  I used the stracciatella with chocolate pieces but the white chocolate flavour or the lemon cheesecake flavour would have been lovely too.
Finally, I whisked up one small egg white (left over from making mash for Saturday's fish pie) and folded that in.
It made two portions for three quarters of a syn per portion and it was absolutely lovely, really delicious.
I'll do a separate recipe, I think

Today's plans:

B:  Bacon and mushroom omelette with tomatoes on the side
Self explanatory really.
SW:  protein, speed and free

L:  cheese and onion toastie, side salad; fruit
Not only is this really scrummy, it also uses up my healthy extras.
SW:  two healthy extra As for cheese, one B for bread and half a syn for one tbsp of the caramelised onion chutney to go in  the sarnie and maybe one for another chutney on the side (all home made - yum).  The rest is speed or free.

D:  beef stroganoff, mash, assorted veg; the other portion of lemon mousse
I have a couple of recipes but the one that sounds the best (with a bit of tweaking) is the one from the BBC Good Food site.
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/beef-stroganoff
I will reduce amounts down to one serving, use spray oil instead of olive oil and butter (shame but one must suffer for one's Slimming World!!) and I have lighter crème fraiche.
I've listed mash but, as I have some starchy veg left over from yesterday, I probably won't have any potato as well, just some green veg
SW:  one tsp plain flour is half a syn, two tbsp lighter crème fraiche is three syns and the rest is free (if I use mustard powder).  Dessert is three quarters of a syn - call it one for convenience

E:  circuit training today.

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
six syns

From the freezer:  bacon, bread, steak, maybe some veg, but no ready meal today.

No comments:

Post a Comment