Monday 11 October 2021

Monday, 11-10-21: Fish Week 2, day 2

 Morning!

Yesterday's meals:

Nice breakfast - I decided not to have tomatoes in the end.
I'm slowly working through my little bacon glut but it will appear a few more times this week.

Home made soup and a tuna salad pitta - very filling!  Afters was two easy peelers.



A very nice dinner with loads of veg - green beans, carrots, sprouts and broccoli.  The giant Yorkshire worked very well and I shall definitely do it again with other combinations of meat and veg.
However, when I looked in the freezer - no Linda MCartney sausages.  Aargh!  They're on the list.  I did have some Paxo but didn't fancy that.  So I had the bread sauce but no stuffing - mind you, I didn't go hungry as you can see!
A yogurt and a couple more easy peelers finished the day off.  

Today's plans:

B:  bacon and mushroom pitta
The half pitta is leftovers from yesterday and I will cook some strips of lean bacon and some mushrooms and pile that in with some leaves.  I might do some tomatoes on the side too.
SW:  the pitta is half a healthy extra B, half a syn for some bbq sauce and the rest is free, protein or speed

L:  hunter's chicken with stir fried veg; fruit
the chicken is the last of the leftovers frozen a couple of weeks ago and with it I will stir fry some of a bag of frozen stir fry veg (using spray oil) with a dash of soy sauce or Henderson's sauce
SW:  if I top it with some grated cheese, that will be half an A choice while the rest is free, speed and/or protein

D:  salmon carbonara, green beans; yogurt
The salmon carbonara is adapted from another Tastefully Vikkie recipe, found here.
https://tastefullyvikkie.com/salmon-spaghetti-carbonara-slimming-world-syn-free-recipe-for-one/
(it's a recipe for four but has a gizmo to reduce it down to one)
I might use some primula light or laughing cow triangles instead of the eggy mixture, to make up a healthy extra A with some grated hard Italian cheese and I will reduce the spaghetti to around 50g as 80 makes too much for me.
SW:  the cheese is between one and one and a half healthy extra As and the yogurt is half a syn.  The rest is free, speed and/or protein

E:  circuit training with Lindsey

Summary:
between one and a half and two healthy extra As
half a healthy extra B
one syn

Fish:  salmon
From the freezer:  hunter's chicken, stir fry veg, salmon. pitta

4 comments:

  1. I agree, 50g of pasta is plenty for me too, I always find pasta very filling. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. In fact, I've weighed the dried spaghetti out and 40g is plenty so that's great. By the time I have added side veg, there will be absolutely loads on my plate.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I've halved our pasta portions and added loads more veggies to the sauce to bulk out the appearance on our plates so that we don't feel we are missing out.

    ReplyDelete