Friday 1 October 2021

Friday, 01-10-21

 Good morning.  And here we are at another weigh day and a new month so pinch and punch and no returns!

Goodness know what those scales will say after a week in which there was a wedding and three family meals.
I did my best (apart from the wine on Monday) but - oh well, what is, is and I can live with it and move on.  A maintain would be fantastic.

When I rummaged through my freezer, I noticed that I seem to have rather a lot of fish and fish isn't something that appears on my menu all that much.  It ought to.
I have salmon, smoked salmon fillets (not thin slices), cod, haddock, smoked haddock and fishcakes.  Bonkers to have so much; no idea why!
So I'm having a fishy week, starting tomorrow.

I've racked my brains, asked in here (thank you so much, Sooze and Eileen) and also done a search and have several recipes to use plus the fish cakes and a piece of battered cod that just need cooking.  They are:
Baked fish with watercress and chilli salsa,
Fish kebabs,
Baked fish with herby crust
Fish steaks simply baked in a foil parcel with citrus slices, fresh parsley, black pepper and olive oil for white fish, a spoonful of honey, grated ginger and a sprinkle of smoked paprika for salmon
Salmon, broccoli and potato bake
Salmon traybake with mixed veg
Salmon curry in a hurry (made before - it is nice)
Teriyaki salmon
Cajun fish with rice and mixed greens
Potato topped fish pie
Cheesy pasta smoked haddock
Quick and easy kedgeree

So many ideas and recipes so no excuses.  Fish week starts tomorrow.  Yay!

Yesterday's meals:

I am so, so glad that I didn't have the beans on Wednesday because this was just lovely.  Lots of protein there, of course, so I felt full for ages  I just added a little squirt of bbq sauce to the beans, barely enough to count as half a syn really.

Vegetable sushi from Aldi plus a bit of salad on the side.  So tasty!
I had an apple for afters.

No photo of dinner because I had a guest (Alex) but it was jolly good - and no chips!.  I finished off with a lemon yogurt.




Today's plans:

B:  pancakes or waffles, fruit, yogurt and choc sauce
As pretty much always, my post SW breakfast.  It might be a celebration, it might be a cheer-me-up but it is always welcome.
SW:  one healthy extra B for oats, one and a half syns for the choc sauce (one tbsp - might have less as it is very intense), half a syn for the Mullerlight yogurt

L:  bean and veg soup, grated cheese; fruit
The soup is from the freezer.
SW:  the soup is free, the cheese is one healthy extra A

D:  pizza and salad; yogurt ice
OK, so this is off plan or using flexible syns but it will be well within my calories and I should have plenty after such a low calories lunch
I make the yogurt ice by blending a yogurt with frozen fruit.  The fruit semi-freezes the yogurt and it's really nice.
SW:  the syns depend on which pizza I use but it will be around the 20 range as it's 432 calories, the yogurt will be half a syn

E:  an online walk and circuit exercises

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
no idea how many syns but I'm only having one healthy extra A which might compensate for the cheese on the pizza.  I've logged everything in Nutracheck and it comes to around 1,220 calories which is a bit under, so that's OK.


4 comments:

  1. How strange. I thought exactly the same thing when I looked through my freezer yesterday. I love fish and don't know why I don't cook it more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snap! Maybe we can exchange ideas/recipes. :-)
      xx

      Delete