Friday 15 October 2021

Friday, 15-10-21; Fish Week 2, day 6

 Morning!
Weigh day today and, to be honest, I'm dreading it after this week.  I considered making my excuses but, as I'm on the social team, I can't let Jen down.  To be fair, that was one reason for helping out more - so I HAD to go; I know what I can be like.
Oh, well . . . sooner done, sooner over and I can move on down the road again.

I'm not having a 'naughty meal' this week.  The syns are a bit higher than usual but still well within plan and I'd like it to stay so all week.  Half term is looming (one week to go) and there's a family birthday coming up that week plus, traditionally, it's the time I start prepping Christmas goodies (for the freezer or to mature) and there's bound to be a few nibbly times.  After all, one has to taste seasonings etc - seriously.

Yesterday's meals:

A nice, satisfying, old fashioned plate of scrambled eggs on toast and it was lovely!

The ready meal for lunch was more than I thought.  However, the green beans weren't nice, being undercooked and a bit stringy.  The potatoes were OK but a bit too soft inside.  The chicken was nice though and quite a decent amount too and the sauce was quite acceptable.

Later in in the afternoon, I had a pear.
I wasn't quite sure what to expect from the kedgeree recipe but it was really very nice indeed.  I decided on a salad to go with it and the two went together very well.
As always, it was a yogurt for dessert.

Today's plans:

B:  bacon sandwich with mushrooms and tomatoes
It's usually pancake or waffle day, isn't it, but today I really fancy a bacon sandwich so that's what I'm having.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the bread and up to one syn for either chutney or sauce.  The mushrooms and tomatoes are both speed

L:  M&S mini meal lamb hotpot, other veg; fruit
This isn't a Count on Us meal but M&S very sensibly produce a whole load of 'Mini Meals', like their main range but in smaller sizes, very suitable for a smaller appetite.  While I can't say my appetite is smaller, the size is perfect for a lunch or dinner with added veg and the one I've tried so far was OK.
SW:  the mini meal is five syns (and 244 calories), the rest is free

D:  fish, cheesy chips and peas; yogurt
All home made/cooked and today's bit of rebellion is that I'm going to use panko breadcrumbs to coat my fish.  I suppose it's not that rebellious really as I will syn them but you know what I mean.
SW:  panko breadcrumbs will be four and a half syns for 25g (I may not need that much, I will see), 30g grated cheddar is one healthy extra A, some mayo for one syn and the yogurt is half a syn.

E:  the usual calf exercises, maybe a walk.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
twelve syns

Fish: cod
From the freezer:  cod, bread, mini meal lamb hotpot, peas

4 comments:

  1. I hope weigh in isn't as bad as you fear. How clever to offer to do the weighing job so you HAVE to go to class.....shows your level of determination. Well done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know me rather too well for comfort!!! lol
    Thanks, Sooze. I will know soon enough, won't I? At least I will know why.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's encouraging for everyone to see that we can all have a bad week. We can all fall off the food wagon Joy but tomorrow is another day. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very true, Cherie, thank you. It's not the fall that matters, it's the getting back up and carrying on quickly.
      xx

      Delete