Wednesday 6 October 2021

Wednesday, 06-10-21: Fish Week, day 5

 Good morning!

Today's good news is a non-scale victory.  I am now back in my size ten jeans.  Slightly tight but definitely fitting OK and no need to lie on the bed to zip them up.  I'm so happy.
Now I need to sort out my jeans and separate the 12s from the 10s and put them somewhere else.  

Other news is that I'm going to have a go at making my own sushi as I do like it so very much.  Good old YouTube!  
(just have to get some stuff first)

And finally, although it doesn't make a big thing of it on the wrapper, the Tastily meals are freezable.  Phew.

Yesterday's meals:

(not really a) Breakfast was delicious.  I wasn't sure that horseradish sauce would go with cheese but it did, very well.  Jolly filling too, which was just as well because I wouldn't be eating again until nearly three.
I was craving a toastie and that just fitted the bill perfectly.


The lentil and bacon soup was also delicious.  As it happens, I didn't need to change my plans because of the dental visit at all but I'm glad I did because not only did I have a lovely meal, I also have six more portions in the freezer, syn free and low calorie.
I also had three plums and two easy peelers.  Probably a bit too much but never mind - healthy stuff.
Here's my first Tastily ready meal ever.  West Coast salmon.  You know what - it was absolutely gorgeous!  It truly tasted home made and I was not only very impressed, I was also extremely satisfied with the amount.
I finished off with some frozen fruit foam as I had an egg white to use up.  



I was rootling in my stash of fabric trying to find some suitable ones to use as background for my meal photos and I found this which is perfect for my fishy dishes this week, I think.  It's actually furnishing fabric and I have no idea why I bought it in the first place.  


Today's plans:

B:  porridge with fruit and yogurt
It's about time proper porridge made a reappearance on my breakfast planning.  I think I will add some chopped apple and some of my apple pie spice mix plus some suitable skinny syrup.
266 calories for the lot
on SW the oats are a healthy extra B, the milk is pretty much a healthy extra A and the spice mix and apple are speed/free

L:  lamb kofta and chickpeas; fruit
The second of the Tastily meals, this says tender lamb kofta served with harissa chickpeas, grilled hispi cabbage and a mint and coriander chutney, all for 488 calories.  Looking at it and bearing in mind it is lunch, I don't think it needs anything else with it, such as a side salad.
488 calories plus  about 70  for an apple and a plum
no idea about SW values

D:  smoked haddock and leek risotto, broccoli; yogurt
I was thrilled to find this recipe on the BBC Good Food site as I have a leek that is slightly the worse for wear and needs using up fairly pronto.  I might add some cheese for extra ooomph and because of A choices, etc, and there will be substitutions - spray oil for butter (sadly), semi skimmed milk for whole milk, lighter crème fraiche . . .
it says 444 calories for one portion but I will track it all in nutracheck because of the substitutions while the yogurt is 72
on SW it should be around one and a half syns for the creme fraiche and the milk and cheese together will be one A choice.  The yogurt is half a syn

E:  personal training today

Summary:
calories should be around 1251

one and a half healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
no idea of syns total but minimum is two syns

No comments:

Post a Comment