Tuesday 5 October 2021

Tuesday, 05-10-21: Fish Week day 4

Good morning.
Today marks the day of three day's calorie counting, the reason being those Tastily meals I have and the fact that they don't appear on the Slimming World site so I have no easy way of judging syns.  There is an estimator thingy but I hear it's not 100% reliable.  I might give it a go and see but it's calories for the next three days.  

To recap, my calorie tdee (total daily energy expenditure) for my age, weight, height and lifestyle is around 1800-ish.  I aim for a calorie deficit of around 500 calories.  That gives me a daily calorie 'allowance' of around 1300 which is enough to give me some extremely satisfying meals but not enough for junky stuff which tends to be higher calorie for very little.
That's what I have Nutracheck set at.

For the sake of balance, it helps that all the Tastily meals I chose come out at around 450 to 550 calories which gives space for two reasonably substantial other meals.  

It's still fish week though, very definitely.  The first Tastily meal is fish based!

Yesterday's meals:

Yesterday's breakfast - a fairly small bacon sandwich with some mushrooms.  Because it was small I nibbled it, small bites, and it was delicious.  I must see if I can get that bacon again.  When I cooked it, white stuff came out and I thought 'oh, no' but the flavour was really good.

I decided not to have tomatoes after all.
Colourful, isn't it?  Hunter's chicken leftovers with salad leaves and cucumber and some roasted butternut quash and it was most delicious.  The apple is the second from my flamenco ballerina tree in the garden.
I also had an easy peeler.
It was just a basic fish pie but it was nice.  The base was onion, mushroom and yellow pepper, all softened in spray oil, the sauce was one tbsp lighter crème fraiche, a splash of milk and three laughing cow light triangles melted in.  Seasonings were salt, pepper and dill.  The fish was just 65g cod, cut into cubes and the topping was mash with an egg yolk mixed in.
It went into a 200C fan oven for around half an hour.
Some coloured fish - salmon or prawns - would have looked nice but the flavour was good anyway.

Dessert was a yogurt.


Today's plans:  I had three really good meals planned out and then realised that I have a dental appointment early afternoon and probably won't be wise to have toasties straight afterwards.  So, as I really wanted a toastie, I'm having it for breakfast at eleven (normal time for me) and making a soup for lunch which won't do any harm at all.
MUST do an inventory of the top three shelves of my front opening freezer which is where I put all my home made 'ready' meals.

B:  beef, horseradish and cheese toastie, bit of salad on the side
This should be lunch but . . .
The toastie will be around 285 calories and the salad will be up to 50 calories while an apple should be around 55/60 calories as they're not huge
on SW the bread is my healthy extra B and the cheese half my healthy extra A while the horseradish sauce is one syn

L:  lentil and bacon soup, grated cheese
I had a link to this via one of those emails that are supposed to give you all the royal family/celebrity gossip, etc, and it looked so very good I decided to print it off and use it.  I have put it into Nutracheck as a meal with six portions.  Here's the link:
https://www.goodto.com/recipes/lentil-and-bacon-soup
I didn't have smoked bacon so added six medallions and some liquid smoke instead.  I cut the oil and used spray oil.  Dried parsley because I had no fresh.  Finally, I wasn't sure one stock pot would wing it so I added some Marigold bouillon powder as well.
I have to say, it is smelling good as it cooks (in Thermione)
the soup is around 180 calories and the grated cheese 301
on SW, it's just a healthy extra A as the rest is speed or free/protein

D:  West Coast salmon, maybe a bit of salad on the side; yogurt
The description is chipotle marinated salmon with roast pineapple, spring onion, rice, pickled vegetables and sesame seeds - sunshine in a bowl (it says!) - and it's 454 calories.
the salmon is definitely 454 calories, a bit of salad would be 50 max and the yogurt is 83 calories
on SW I'd have to syn the sesame seeds but the rest doesn't sounds too way off, does it, especially if one doesn't bother to syn cooked fruit?  Also half a syn for the yogurt.

E:  An online walk

Summary:
what I have planned above comes to 1666 calories which gives me space for any fruit and salad I may add in

two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
around three syns


2 comments:

  1. I need to spice up my fish dishes a bit. Yours sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have been really nice so far and there's that underlying feeling of eating healthily and well which is great.
      I read somewhere that fish can take a lot more spice punch than people realise and I would agree with that.
      xx

      Delete