Wednesday 13 October 2021

Wednesday, 13-10-21; Fish Week 2, day 4

 Good morning!

Yesterday's meals:

I ended up not having any breakfast, partly because the timing didn't work and partly because I just wasn't hungry in the slightest (which was hardly surprising really).

This was lunch, a nice, warming home made bean and veg soup to which I added some chicken cut unto chunks.
(and I've managed to find some cheap fabric in an autumnal vibe for background)

Later on I had a pear and an apple.

Here's the salmon carbonara.  It was 40g wholewheat spaghetti and the sauce was one smallish egg beaten up with about 25g grated hard Italian cheese and about 10 mls lighter crème fraiche and seasonings plus some softened onion, pepper and mushroom and the cooked and flaked salmon.  I sprinkled the last 5g grated cheese over the top
With the broccoli and sprouts, it made loads and it might look colourless but it was banging full of flavour.
A yogurt finished the day off nicely.

I am happy to be back in the zone again.

Today's plans:

B:  porridge with yogurt and fruit
I really love porridge with apple and my apple pie spice mix so that's probably how I will do it.
Closer to Christmas, I really fancy using a gingerbread spice mix and, fortunately, there are several recipes out there.  How would we manage without the Internet?  Do you make spice mixes?
I add the yogurt to the porridge right at the end so it warms up.
SW:  half a healthy extra A for milk, one healthy extra B for oats.  The rest is speed or free as I will use natural yogurt.  

L:  Count on Us lasagne, side salad; fruit
This is on the SW app so I can syn it.   Not home made today but still cluttering up the freezer.  
I'm appreciating these ready meals for their sheer convenience on the days when I have my personal training or circuit training, both of which are around midday.  It makes life very straightforward.
SW:  seven and a half syns plus one if I have mayo on the salad.  There will be an element of healthy extra A in the lasagne but it's not mentioned on the site so I will just syn the lot.

D:  tuna with salsa and roasted butternut squash; yogurt
I found one tuna steak in the freezer, popped into the SW site to see if they had a recipe and found this.  It looks amazing (but the picture won't copy, cunning SW).
Basically, you cube and roast some butternut squash with dried cumin and cinnamon.
You mix up a salsa of onion, chilli, pepper and lime juice with some oregano.
You marinate the tuna is some garlic and seasonings and then cook in a griddle pan
I think it looks and sounds wonderful and I am so looking forward to it.  I might add another cooked veg - green beans for choice seeing as the garden and allotment are still producing them.
If you are a SW member and have access to the sire, here's the link.
https://member.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/tuna-with-salsa-and-roasted-butternut-squash
SW:  the main course is free, the yogurt will be half a syn.

E:  an hour of personal training today

Summary:
half a healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
nine syns

Fish:  tuna steak
From the freezer:  lasagne, butternut squash (I have a pack left over from a Hello Fresh meal), tuna steak

No comments:

Post a Comment