Monday 4 October 2021

Monday, 04-10-21: Fish Week day 3

 Morning, everyone!

Yesterday didn't start well.  After not sleeping all that soundly, I was up and down by four (I know, stupid o'clock) and started feeling cold and shivery.  After turning the heating up and wrapping myself in my fleece, I did manage to fall asleep over the telly (using my loop, no sound to bother the neighbours) and woke feeling a bit better but hungry.  After an orange and a plum, I realised that yogurt and fruit just wasn't going to wing it so I did some calorie costing and changed breakfast completely.   

My plans used to be tablets of stone, come what may.  I'm glad there's more flexibility now.  Not too much, just enough to know when they're not going to work!

Yesterday's meals:

The changed breakfast.  Not a pretty sight but I did cut it before eating, fear not.  Bacon and egg sandwich with a bit of bbq sauce and it was lovely.  So, the bread became my healthy extra B and the rest was free/protein as I used spray oil while the sauce was half a syn.
Much more satisfying!

Earlier, I had broken the restricted eating with an orange and a plum.  Never mind, it's good fruit!

I open baked the salmon in one tbsp agave nectar, one tbsp of lemon juice and some lazy ginger and it was very tasty indeed.  Thanks for the idea, Sooze.

Afters was two easy peelers plus another easy peeler later on in the afternoon.

The roast dinner worked out really well and I will definitely be making those oat Yorkshires again, they were lovely and crunchy with a great flavour.
The recipe made twelve quite small ones, of which I had three on the plate and one more before hurriedly bagging the rest and putting them in the freezer.  So the puddings accounted for a third of an B and a third of a 15mls of milk which hardly counts so let's call it half of a syn for convenience.

I will make this recipe again, maybe next time using a bigger pie dish sort of thing so I can have the meat and veg served in the pudding.  That sounds nice.

I finished off with a lemon kvarg.

Today's plans:

B:  bacon and 'fried' bread sarnie, tomatoes and mushrooms
Yes, bacon sarnie again but smaller than yesterday.  I seem to have quite a lot of bacon and the weather has turned colder so - yup!  Why not?  (don't answer that!  😉)
SW:  this is all free/protein and free apart from the bread which is half a healthy B and any sauce which will be a maximum of one syn.

L:  hunter's chicken, salad; fruit
This was leftovers from when Dave and Anna came round last week and I just need to add some grated cheese as virtually all the cheese got eaten up then.
I might have some cooked veg instead of salad.  I'll see how it goes. Maybe roasted butternut squash - that's a speed food on SW and is gorgeous roasted in the actifry.  Plenty of healthy options there anyway.
SW:  one healthy extra A for the cheese and perhaps one syn for some mayo on the salad.

D:  potato topped fish pie, veg; yogurt
This is a bit ad hoc but I plan to soften some onions, pepper and mushroom and then melt in some laughing cow triangles and a tbsp lighter crème fraiche plus a dash of lemon juice and maybe some dill, then add the cut up raw fish (probably cod which will cook in the oven), pile it into an oven proof dish, top it with some mash, maybe with an egg yolk beaten in, and bake until brown.  It'll be OK anyway, it can't not be with those ingredients.
I'm hoping there will be green beans and courgettes from the allotment.
SW:  the crème fraiche will be one and a half syns, the triangles half a healthy A and the yogurt half a syn but I think the rest will be free/protein or speed

E:  circuit training

Summary:
one and a half healthy extra As planned in and the other half A will be milk
half a healthy extra B
four syns

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed the salmon, Joy, I love ginger with salmon. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was absolutely lovely and so, so simple to make, thanks.
      xx

      Delete
  2. The salmon sounds scrummy. We're having smoked salmon and prawn salad for lunch tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete