Sunday 3 October 2021

Sunday, 03-10-21: Fish Week day 2

 Good morning.

I've really goofed!  I totally forgot that, a while ago, I ordered some Tastily meals after receiving a discount code.  I'd never usually get these as they are pretty expensive, but they looked different, delicious and pretty healthy, all things considered.  And, had I remembered, I'd not have decided on a fish week and I've set my gastronomic heart on fish week!
Fortunately, one out of the six is a fish dish so that will work.  Of the others, I have frozen three (in hopes that they do actually freeze without spoiling - they look as if they will be fine) and the other two will have to be a couple of meals this week.
However - they're not on the SW app so I will have to do calories rather than SW on those days.

Anyway - today is day two of Fish Week!

Yesterday's meals:

A scrummy breakfast for a quarter of a B.
Oh, this was so nice, perfect for a very wet and miserable day.  The pre-cooked chicken slices were really very nice, looked fresh carved and I will get them again.

As mentioned yesterday, I tried a recipe for bread sauce that I found here.
I truly wasn't at all sure.  I only make bread sauce at Christmas and then it is Delia's butter and cream laden version which is gorgeous but in no way SW-compliant!
So, how was it?  Well, surprisingly, it was rather good.  It looks stuffing colour because I used wholemeal bread.  I added a fair bit of fresh grated nutmeg and remembered that Delia's has onion so I added a few onion granules.  I did a quarter of the recipe but added the full amount of lighter crème fraiche.  Finally, I seasoned it well and added a splash of lemon juice.
I enjoyed half of it (an eighth of the recipe) and will freeze the rest for another time - Delia's freezes fine.  Next time, I will also add a titchy bit of ground cloves too - but very carefully.  Don't want to overdo cloves.

And then I had this for dessert, the first from my little first year columnar flamenco apple tree.

And
it
was
gorgeous!
The day finished off with fish and chips during Strictly.  I didn't fancy peas in the end.  Dessert was some odd nut chocolate dessert thing that came with the Tastily meals.  It was OK but I wouldn't buy it.  I didn't look at the calories!



Today's plans:

B:  fresh fruit and yogurt
SW:  speed, free and half a syn for the yogurt

L:  salmon and peas; fruit
I'm going to bake a salmon steak with honey, ginger and some lemon juice and serve with the peas I didn't have yesterday
SW :  a level tbsp honey is two and a half syns and I think the rest will be speed or free unless I have some spray dressing for another half syn.

D:  roast beef, Yorkshire puds, roasted potato and parsnip, sprouts and broccoli; yogurt
I'm using the cooked, sliced roast beef for this proper, full on Sunday roast dinner.  I might have a bit of gravy in the freezer but, if not, it's no problem, I am happy to go without.
Being me, I found a Yorkshire-type recipe to try from the lovely Tastefully Vikkie site here.
I'm really not sure how they will work out but I'm happy to give them a go in hopes that, while they will be different from flour made Yorkshires, they will be nice in their own way.
SW:  the beef is free, the horseradish one and a half syns per level tbsp (and I won't have that much, the oats are a healthy extra B while the milk is a quarter of a healthy extra A and some of them will be frozen for future use anyway.  The potato and parsnip are free and the sprouts and broccoli speed.  If I want a yogurt after all that, it will be half a syn.

E:  No idea.  I'll do something.

Summary
half a healthy extra A (the other quarter will go on milk in cuppas
one healthy extra B
five and a half syns




No comments:

Post a Comment