Sunday 10 October 2021

Sunday, 10-10-21; Fish Week 2, day 1

 Good morning!
Yup, it's another fish week.  I enjoyed it so much, still have plenty of fish and still have so many recipes to try (and keep finding more) that I just have to.
(It's also freezer ready meal week, starting today - it was going to be tomorrow but today is better)

Yesterday's meals.
I was away so no photos but I had fruit for breakfast, an Oakhouse ready meals (211 calories) for lunch and a pizza from the freezer for dinner.  That last was a bit naughty!

Today's plans:

B:  bacon, egg, tomatoes and mushrooms
A classic SW friendly cooked breakfast.
SW:  all free, protein or speed

L:  bacon and lentil soup, tuna salad roll
The soup is one of the batch I made last week.  The roll is because I have half a can of tuna left from Friday which I must use today or throw out (and I'm not doing that!).  I will mix it with a bit of mayo, a bit of tomato puree and a bit of mustard powder for a burger sauce vibe - sounds horrible but actually it works and I have taken a pitta out of the freezer, half of which will house it all (I will use the other half for breakfast tomorrow).
SW:  the soup is speed and free, the tuna is protein (and fish!) the burger sauce will be one syn altogether and the half pitta will be three syns (I'm using my healthy B for dinner)

D:  roast chicken and veg in a giant Yorkshire pudding; yogurt
I made these oat based Yorkshires last week and they were lovely so today I am using the recipe again to make one giant Yorkshire to be a kind of plate.
https://tastefullyvikkie.com/slimming-world-syn-free-yorkshire-puddings/
The chicken is some more of the pre-cooked carved chicken slice plus a small portion of turkey in gravy, frozen last winter.  SW free apart from the gravy.  I'm going to use the bread sauce from last week too and I might go the whole hog and use one Linda McCartney rosemary and onion sausage to make a couple of stuffing balls.
No roasties though - I already have carbs in the bread sauce and the giant Yorkshire

SW:  the chicken, the sausage and the veg are all free/protein foods, the veg is all speed and the Yorkshire and bread sauce will be pretty much half a healthy extra A and one B.  The other ingredients are all free/protein.  Then the gravy will be a couple of syns and the yogurt half a syn.

E:  ankle strengthening, online walk, maybe some cycling

Summary:
half a healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
six and a half syns

fish: tuna leftovers
from the freezer:  soup, pitta, bread sauce, sausage, turkey in gravy

I will have photos again tomorrow, promise!

4 comments:

  1. Good idea to use a LM sausage as stuffing balls. I picked up a pack of veggie sos mix that had been reduced to pennies last week, think I'll do something similar with that. I doubt your pizza was that naughty, if you'd had just fruit and a very low cal ready meal yesterday! Have a nice day, Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea - I love it when yellow sticker stuff is used inventively!
      You're right, it probably wasn't all that bad really.
      xx

      Delete
  2. This is an idea you've probably already tried, but I saw a video on YouTube last night using aqua faba to make mayonnaise (sorted food if you're interested) and it got me wondering if that could be a useful SW style "hack"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried that a while ago and it was a dismal failure but I assume I wasn't doing it right. Must give it another go at some point.
      I watch a lot of YouTube so I'll look for it, thanks very much.
      xx

      Delete