Thursday 28 October 2021

Thursday, 28-10-21

  Good morning!

I don't have photos of yesterday's meals, being out pretty much all the time but, suffice it to say it didn't really go according to plan.  Thankfully, the next several days are without anything stressful so fingers crossed.

Today's plans:

B:   bacon and egg roll
I have more Spoilt Pig bacon so I'm looking forward to this!
SW:  one healthy extra B for the roll

L:  butterbean hummus, crudités, etc; fruit
This is a Chubby Cubs recipe, found here (be careful if you are easily offended - they have a very individual sense of humour!)
https://twochubbycubs.com/2020/05/27/syn-free-butterbean-houmous-perfect-for-lunch/
I have a bag of butterbeans in the freezer so will use some of them and, probably, will follow their suggestion and splash out on a tsp of flavoured oil or maybe toasted sesame oil, which I love.  It makes such a difference to the texture and the flavour.
SW:  the hummus is free, the oil will be two syns.

D:  Ultimate veggie lasagne, salad; yogurt
This recipe is from the current SW magazine, p 69.  Someone in our FB group has recommended it and I can reduce it and jiggle it to work for what I have in.
SW:  one healthy extra A for some cheese, maybe a bit more, half a syn for some milk (not enough to call it part of an A choice), the roasted med veg I am using will be one syn for some mayo and half a syn for the yogurt

E:  Nothing today.  I tweaked my back a bit yesterday so am being careful today.

Summary:
one to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
four syns


From the freezer:
wholemeal roll
butterbeans
the last of a bag of chargrilled Med veg

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the link to the Two Chubby Cubs. It made me laugh and I may even try the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are funny - it's just everyone's kind of humour but they make me laugh too.
      xx

      Delete