Friday 29 October 2021

Friday, 29-10-21

  Good morning!
Not feeling great so I'm staying home and not weighing in this week.  I've let Jen know.  It's a shame but I need to be sensible.

Yesterday's meals:

Nice, simple breakfast.  I didn't want any sauce with it.  No speed food but that's OK.

The Chubby Cubs' butter bean hummus was really very nice indeed.  I think maybe one tsp toasted sesame oil was a bit too much - I added half a tsp to the actual mix and it did create a great texture, while the other half went on top.  However, I think a quarter tsp for each would be enough for one syn extra.
Also, roasting the garlic first would be super-delicious!
Definitely doing this again.
The SW ultimate veggie lasagne was an absolute winner.  I didn't quite follow the recipe in the magazine (p. 69) though.
I used some frozen chargrilled Med veg from the freezer.
I had one bacon medallion to use up so I chopped it and added it.
I used three tomatoes that were going soft, peeled and chipped, instead of opening a can of chopped tomatoes.
I spent some healthy extra As on cheese in and on the sauce - mozzarella doesn't give me the necessary cheesy hit.  However, it was the nicest SW style cheese sauce I have yet tried and one to make again for other meals.
All in all, a winner and the best thing is that there's leftovers for today.

Today's plans:

B:  scrambled egg and smoked salmon on toast
Just what it says - lovely
SW:  half a healthy extra B for one slice of bread.

L:   leftover lasagne, salad; fruit
SW:  Now I've made this, I can be sure.  One and a half As for cheese, one and a half syns for the milk and half a syn for cornflour.

D:  not-crispy chicken bake, assorted veg; yogurt
This is another from the SW magazine but I'm not doing the crispy topping.  
I'm doing it partly because someone in our group said it really wasn't very nice at all and I can't see why it shouldn't be nice.  I just wonder if the stock they used was not a good stock.  I have some 'real' (boiled off a chicken carcass) stock in the freezer so I will use that and, perhaps, thicken the sauce a bit.
SW:  without the bread, this recipe is free although, if I add some thickening, that will be one syn max, probably less.  Dessert is half a syn

E: still not feeling 100% so taking things carefully

Summary:
one and a half healthy extra As
half a healthy extra B
three and a half syns


From the freezer:
chicken
chicken stock
bread

2 comments:

  1. That lasagne looks tasty. Now that the wedding is here and I can relax a bit, pasta will be back on our menu next week. I've been very good so far and it will be an occasional treat from now on for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely that you've got the wedding - you've waited so l9ong for it, haven't you? Have an absolutely wonderful time, all of you.
      The lasagne was, indeed, absolutely delicious and it's on the plan again soon. Not a veggie one, one using some of the cooked mince I still have.
      xx

      Delete