Tuesday 26 October 2021

Tuesday, 26-10-21

  Good morning!

Today is a bit different as it's Beth's birthday and I have the family round for dinner.  Beth's asked for jacket potatoes and various toppings with salad on the side, which is great, but she's also asked me to make a rather luscious looking cheesecake for afters and there may very well be the dreaded alcohol so . . .  I'll do my best.

Yesterday's meals:

A tasty, cooked breakfast.  Quite big because I thought I would have circuit training later on (it was cancelled).





Because it was cancelled, I started in on making both the Christmas fruit cake and that cheesecake, had to taste and check (obviously) and then didn't want anything else for lunch so didn't have anything!
The hotpot, with its leftover root veg, drained baked beans and lamb in stock, was absolutely gorgeous and the sprinkle of grated cheese on the top finished it off nicely.  Quite apart from not wasting food, I am so glad I did what I did with that old lamb over the weekend - it's going to provide me with some super meals.




Not a good SW day, what with all the nibbles, but that dinner was worth the effort.

Today's plans:

B:  fruit salad with yogurt
I have plenty of fruit and I will use natural yogurt.
SW:  speed, free and protein

L:  bacon and lentil soup; fruit
I'm hoping this will be enough to keep me going.  I should be pretty busy which will help.
SW:  speed, free and protein

D:  jacket potatoes with various toppings, side salad; birthday cheesecake
SW:  lord only knows.  The main will be fine but the cheesecake is evil!!!

E:  I'll be up and down and in and out all day and that will have to do!

Summary:
I will have my As as cheese on the jacket potato.
no planned Bs
syns unknown


From the freezer:
bacon and lentil soup
beany tomato mix (as topping for potatoes)
savoury pork mince (to turn into a chilli topping)
kidney beans (ditto)



1 comment:

  1. Hi, Laurie. Thanks for letting me know about your new blog - I've found it and am now following.
    A shame about the old one, it was beautiful, but needs must and I look forward to reading the new blog.
    xx

    ReplyDelete