Monday 1 November 2021

Monday, 01-11-21

 Good morning!  Welcome to November.  I ought to do a reflective thing, seeing as it's a new month, but I really don't seem to have got very far in October.  Still hovering just above the ten stone mark, still only just fitting into my size tens.  Last week in particular wasn't great, what with birthdays and residual alcohol, etc.
If I don't get my act together, I won't be back at target by Christmas.  Oh, well, new month, new enthusiasm and I really am enjoying this whole 'eat from the freezer' thing.

I can do it, I know I can!

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast - and very delicious it was too.  I love fruit.
Sunday roast.  I meant to take a photo before we started and forgot so here it is, half way through.  There are leftovers.  Some Yorkshires for the freezer and some roasties and veg for today.
Having a twenty three year old grandson means that there's never loads of leftovers!!  Just enough for another day.
Leftovers for dinner.  Five minutes in the microwave and a quick stir.  Very nice too.  Loads of speed and free food with half a syn's worth of konjac noodles.
Yogurt to follow and a bit later on I finished the day with an apple.

Today's plans:

B:  scrambled egg and smoked salmon on potato waffles, tomatoes on the side
I have two potato waffles in the freezer and heaven only knows how old they are.  I just know I haven't bought potato waffles for at least a couple of years.
Might put them on the shopping list, actually.  At two syns per waffle (for tha Birds Eye ones) they're useful to have around
SW:  four syns for two potato waffles.  The rest is speed, free or protein

L:  bacon and lentil soup, crunchy croutons; fruit
This soup has been a great success - must make some more in due course.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the home made croutons

D:  cheesy bacon-wrapped chicken breast, pommes parmentier, various veg (leftovers from yesterday); yogurt
This chicken is from the SW magazine (there's some good ones this month) and is two syns (for soft cheese), the posh sounding potatoes are just roasties left over from yesterday, cut smaller, sprayed and reheated to re-crunch them.
You cut a slit in the chicken, spoon in some low fat soft cheese with some garlic and lemon zest, cover the slit with bacon and roast in the oven and, seeing as it will be on, I will do the potatoes in the oven as well, rather than the usual actifry.
I haven't planned any A choices so I might have 30g grated cheddar on the leftover cauliflower.  Not exactly a cheese sauce but a similar vibe.  Nice.
SW:  two syns for the chicken (the soft cheese) and half a syn for the yogurt plus maybe one healthy extra A for some cheese.

E:  circuit training today.

Summary:
maybe one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
six and a half syns


From the freezer:
potato waffles
soup
chicken
bacon

No comments:

Post a Comment