Thursday 11 November 2021

Thursday, 11-11-21

 Good morning!
I spent some time yesterday sorting out my food cupboard so what I have there is also going to feature quite heavily from time to time too.

Gradually, the freezer is developing small gaps.  Traditionally, I always do a defrost in December and I'm hoping it won't be the usual chore by then but just a straightforward thing.  I can hope!

Yesterday's meals:

I was sure I took photos of breakfast but it seems not - anyway, it was banana pancakes and very nice too.

Cheese, bacon and onion toastie for lunch, also delicious.

I had a couple of plums later on in the afternoon.
Dinner was the lamb hotpot with peas and runner beans.  It might look a bit dull but it was so good.  I really enjoyed it.

A yogurt finished everything off.

Today's plans:

B:  beans on toast
While sorting out my cupboards yesterday, I found a small can of baked beans.  Goodness knows when I got that; I think they are not great value, the small ones, and it was Heinz beans as well.  Possibly during the first lockdown?
Oh, well - an expensive but using-up-what-I've-got breakfast.
SW:  half a healthy extra B for one slice of wholemeal

L:  keema curry, lentil dahl; fruit
The curry is from the freezer and the dahl is from a can.
SW:  all speed/free/protein

D:  chilli con carne, konjac rice; yogurt
The chilli is also a freezer thing and made with turkey mince.
SW:  one syn for the konjac rice and one healthy extra A for some grated cheese plus half a syn for dessert

E:  a walk plus up and down stairs sorting and tidying.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
half a healthy extra B
one and a half syns


From the freezer: 
bread
keema curry
chilli con carne

No comments:

Post a Comment