Monday 29 November 2021

Monday, 29-11-21

 Good morning!

While I was prepping my meals early yesterday morning, I was thinking what a great strategy this is for me.  I'm an early riser and get an awful lot done, I suspect, before the rest of the cul-de-sac stirs in their warm beds.
Yesterday, I had all the things I need out of the freezer and had prepped all my veg - potatoes, sweet potato, parsnip, carrots, cabbage, shallots and sprouts before seven o'clock.   The bacon and sausage were still frozen which is the only reasons the pigs weren't made too.

I tend to get less motivated as the day goes on and, if I have lots to do to make a meal, I tend to go for easier and less healthy options whereas, if everything is ready, I almost always stick with it.

Works for me!

Yesterday's meals:

A nice, simple breakfast.  The pear was delicious, the apple was delicious, the nectarine . . . wasn't!  I threw most of it away and vowed not to buy any more now until next summer.
Then I had a kvarg.
This was a roast dinner and a half - not far off a Christmas dinner, in fact.    Oh, it was so good.

No room for fruit afterwards and guess who fell asleep in the afternoon!

I had to turn the oven on to warm the plate but that was all.
I did all the root veg in the actifry (200C for 45 minutes) with half a tbsp oil so one and a half syns per meal, removing the paddle and adding some microwave softened shallots and the pigs for the last fifteen minutes and the slices of cooked chicken with five minutes to go.  The other veg cooked in the steamer so only one ring was used.
There was some washing up but not loads and I have the other half of all the veg (apart from the potato) for tomorrow - if I can manage it all!

The last of the teriyaki pork noodles and very tasty it was too.  After such a mega lunch, I didn't need or want a larger dinner.

The day finished off with a yogurt and an Options choccy drink for two syns and that was me done.


Today's meal plans:

B:  egg on potato waffle, bit of smoked salmon, mushrooms on the side
I dearly love this - it feels like a real treat, especially with the smoked salmon as well.
SW:  two syns for the potato waffle

L:  cheesy broccoli soup; fruit
I have a broccoli stalk to use up and this is such an easy soup.  The 'cheesy' bit is Laughing Cow triangles - two of them is more than enough.
SW:  half a healthy extra A for the cheese triangles

D:  cottage pie, veg; yogurt
I will use the last pot of savoury mince from the freezer and top it with the mix of potato and sweet potato with some grated cheddar that I love so much.  I have the  eg from yesterday to use up.
SW:  one healthy extra A for the cheese and half a syn for the dessert.

E:  it's circuits with Lindsey today, delivered online this week, and I might see what Goldster has to offer.

Summary:
one and a half healthy extra As
no healthy extra Bs
two and a half syns


From the freezer:
potato waffles
savoury pork mince
maybe frozen veg
smoked salmon

2 comments:

  1. I'm like you, I like to get everything done in the morning....although I'm not usually so energetic before 7 am! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to be able to sleep a bit longer but it just ain't happening. It seems I only need about six or seven hours sleep.
      At least I do sleep well when I am asleep.
      xx

      Delete