Wednesday 17 November 2021

This week's Slimming World food haul (with a few extras)

 Hi, everyone.  This week's food haul was pretty small as far as the needs for the week are concerned although a 'few' extras put it into the rather more expensive banding.
I ought to say at this stage that I pretty much always buy packs of sugar free fizzy.  I know they're not that great for you but, to be honest, they keep me on the beaten track.  I just don't photo them.

On to the main shop . . .

Frozen:
Just one thing, some mixed veg.  They are the 'in the bag' microwave ones and I know they are expensive for what they are but they are so handy to have.  Carrot and broccoli are speeds and sweetcorn is free.
Dairy:
Just the usual really plus some unsalted butter for the Christmas pud and other merry, festive baking.

The yogurt and the cottage cheese are both free foods, the lighter crème fraiche is one and a half syns per tbsp and we won't worry about the butter, OK?  The milk and cheese are both healthy extra As in measured amounts.
Fruit and veg:
Again, not a lot as I have plenty still.










And the rest:
Some goodies for Christmas Tree day.  There were loads more to choose from but not a great vegetarian selection but I know Beth will like what I've got.  I was looking for some mini veg pancake rolls but they had duck in them.  Maybe Morrisons . . .
The boxes are now in the freezer and the mince pies also tucked away out of sight.
Baking:
The bread and the flour are both for the Christmas pudding (it needs white breadcrumbs and I only have wholemeal in the freezer) and the yeast is for the stollen which I make to use up the marzipan from icing the cake.  That's my excuse anyway!.
Some naughties:
OK, so smoked salmon isn't that naughty but the fizz certainly is - I fell for the name!
The salmon is now wrapped in single portions and in the freezer.



So that's this week's haul.  Not terribly exciting as far as the week's needs are concerned but it's nice to feel on top of getting the goodies.

2 comments:

  1. I feel quite festive after reading this post Joy. Only another ten days and I can bring out the Christmas cd's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As the song goes, 'It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas . . .' :-)
      xx

      Delete