Wednesday 17 November 2021

Wednesday, 17-11-21

Good morning!

Yesterday's meals:  another rather colourless day's eating but the flavours - wow!!  Looks can be very deceptive!

The oatbran pancakes were lovely.
I used some canned pineapple in syrup - a big no-no on SW but I've had it for ages and decided to pay the syns.  I drained off all the syrup, washed the pineapple pieces and worked out that each portion is pretty much two syns (there's three portions).
I topped the lot off with some agave nectar for another one and a half syns.
And it was gorgeous.
This was also very flavoursome.  Half a small onion, one broccoli stem and some chicken stock, all boiled up together, blended down, seasoned and then three laughing cow light triangles melted in for just over half a healthy extra A.
It may look boring but it certainly wasn't!  I suppose one could jazz it up with croutons or more cheese but, really, it was lovely just the way it came out of Thermione.

During the afternoon, I had two apples and two easy peelers.

This also looks dull but it was loaded with deliciousness and I will be doing this again.  So, so good.
As always, a yogurt finished the day off.

Here's the link again.
I used spray oil, two smaller thighs, quark instead of creme fraiche (and added right at the end so it didn't split) and edamame beans rather than broads or peas.
It didn't need thickening at all.

Today's plans:

B:  bacon, egg, potato waffle, tomatoes and mushrooms
Sounds good, doesn't it?
SW:  two syns for the potato waffle

L:  sausage casserole, runner beans; fruit
I'll just bung onion, mushroom, pepper, chopped tomatoes and some chicken Italia chipolatas in a pot with some seasonings and see how it turns out!
SW:  the chipolatas are half a syn each to that's one syn and the rest ought to be free

D:  turkey roll up, chips, veg; yogurt and pineapple
This is a try out.  I have some turkey breast steaks .  I want to batter one out a bit more, spread over a couple of Linda McCartney sausages (mushed up), season, roll up, wrap in lean bacon and bake in foil.  On paper, it should work.  I wont have many chips - in fact, I might make them mini roasties instead, then it will feel like a roast dinner!
SW:  if I have cranberry sauce, it will be home made and will be around one and a half syns while the pineapple will be an estimated two syns (see above) 

E:  personal training with Lindsey today.  Mind you, I'm still aching from Monday so it should be rather ouch!

Summary:
hmmm - a bit short on the old healthy extras.  Not to worry, it's a good day's eating anyway!
around seven syns


From the freezer:
one potato waffle
chicken chipolatas
runner beans
turkey steak


No comments:

Post a Comment