Saturday 20 November 2021

Saturday, 20-11-21

Good morning!
SW was great.  A pound off which I am extremely pleased with.  I remember when I was at this point last time, everything went very slowly and I did a week with Muscle Food to jolly it all along.  Not this time - I'm quite comfortable with how it's all going, I know I can do it and I know how, I'm so enjoying the food and why mend what isn't broken?

While I wasn't one of the three Slimmers of the Week by a long shot, they didn't stay for the rest of the meeting so there were three of us who shared the hamper contents between us.  I didn't take much (after all, I am trying to use stuff up) but I did come home with a mange (free food) and a Hi-Fi bar (which didn't last long!).  No complaints there!

I have enlarged the scope of my Festive meal challenge by finding and printing off a recipe for 'Festive Spice' from the BBC Good Food site.  I think I have all the ingredients I need and, as long as you don't add the orange and lemon zests until you actually use the spice, it will keep.  The sugar adds two syns to the whole lot which will be pretty much nothing for one portion.
If you're interested, here's the link.
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/festive-spice 

Yesterday's meals:

I decided not to bother with mushrooms but just to have the tomatoes raw.  I've now finished off the smoked haddock from the freezer.

I came back from SW with a hi-fi bar so had that for three syns - it could have counted as half a healthy extra B but I had that for dinner.
This was a day for changing plans.  I didn't fancy an egg on the ham when it came to having lunch so it was just a salad and coleslaw with the ham.  Very nice too.

I don't think I had any fruit through the afternoon - that's unusual for me.
This was definitely an on plan treat.  I went for the 12% mince and paid the two syns.

I was too full for any dessert.

Today's plans:

B:  porridge with mango and yogurt
Well, I have a mango to use up, don't I?  I might add some coconut skinny syrup to the porridge and call it tropical porridge.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the oats and half a healthy extra A

L:  lentil and root veg soup; fruit
The soup is from the freezer.  However, when I was in Morrisons yesterday, I decided to try the Vivera shawarma kebab not-meat so I will cook a little bit and add it to the soup, just to see.  It'll turn it into a bit of a casserole, I think.
REALLY not sure about this product but loads of vloggers say is it lovely so . . . I'll know by the end of the day, won't I?
SW:  half a syn for the not-meat (not sure what to call it really)

D:  mini-lasagne, assorted veg; yogurt
I have a very small, high sided container that will do perfectly for a lasagne for one and here's a tip - if you soak lasagne sheets in hot water for five minutes, they then cut really easily with a pair of scissors (or a knife but I use scissors) without any need to snap them and have bits going all over the place.  I have a small pot of mince in the freezer and I will bulk it out with some veg.  The cheese sauce is the usual one and I have read that if I add a bit of cornflour to the quark or yogurt, it will stop it splitting.  We will see . . .
SW:  half a syn for one tsp cornflour which, I think, will be more than enough as I only need a small amount of sauce plus one healthy extra A for cheese and half a syn for dessert

E:  Something online, I think.  I'm not sure exactly what.

Summary:
one and a half healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
one and a half syns


From the freezer:
the soup
cooked mince

No comments:

Post a Comment