Friday 5 November 2021

Friday, 05-11-21

 Good morning!
Weigh day and it's not going to be good.  I can tell that by the way my jeans fit - or,. rather, don't fit.  This past week has been fine and well on plan but half term week was absolute rubbish - a birthday, a very emotional time sorting more of Dad's stuff and generally feeling very down, lacking in energy, aching and inclined to eat rubbish. 
It is what it is and I will accept the consequences, pick myself up again and carry on.

Yesterday's meals:
Only one photo for this section today.
I skipped breakfast completely - didn't want anything then, no time to have it.  It just extended my fasting window a bit.
I had a friend here for lunch so we ate earlier than I normally would.  I had the planned toastie with salad, followed by fruit and it was delicious.  In the afternoon I had a yogurt and an apple so that's pretty much what I would have had for breakfast anyway.

Dinner was really good.  I posted a link to the recipe yesterday and the only thing I would say is make a stronger stock and use less of it.  That way, the sauce is thick enough (I used quark in the end) and you don't need to add any cornflour to thicken.
A yogurt finished things off deliciously.


Today's plans:

B:  banana pancakes, maple syrup or something (yum), maybe some fruit on the side
I have a banana to use up and saw this on a vlog I follow.  Mike Jeavons does 'a week on . . .' vlogs now and again and he's just started 'A week on the caveman diet' (i.e. Paleo).  On day 2, his breakfast was this and he was doubtful at first but really liked it.
I've made banana pancakes before but as a frugal thing with the banana subbing the egg, not a a Paleo thing with banana subbing the flour.
It just takes two eggs and one banana plus whatever you add on top or by the side, so is SW friendly.
Anyway, I'll give it a whirl and let you know.
SW:  maple syrup is two syns per tbsp, agave nectar or chocolate sauce (from the Groovy Food company) is one and a half syns per tbsp and butterscotch topping syrup is two and a half syns.  Not a lot of difference so I'll see how I feel.
(fortunately, these things tend to last for ever!)

L:  smoked salmon pate, toast and salady bits; fruit
I have one slice of smoked salmon to use up so I will blend it with some philly light and other bits and bobs to make a pate.
With the bread, I will do something I saw on telly decades ago - lightly toast and then split each slice of bread through the middle to make much thinner slices and oven bake to make crunchy melba toast.
SW:  the bread will be my healthy extra B and the soft cheese will be  four syns.  Any mayo will be one syn

D:  steak, mushroom sauce, chips, mixed veg; yogurt
This is the other half of the steak I defrosted yesterday for the stroganoff.  The mushroom sauce will basically be the same as yesterday's stroganoff sauce as it was so lovely - so I will allow half a syn for the bit of Dijon mustard you add.  The chips will be actifried and not too many either and I have some of the mixed veg left so will use that up.
SW:   half a healthy extra A plus half a syn for the dessert yogurt.  

E:

Summary:
half a healthy extra A (and there will be some calcium in the philly too)
one healthy extra B
eight and a half syns


From the freezer: 
the steak
bread
leftovers of mixed veg

(not so much today - must do better tomorrow)

2 comments:

  1. I quite often have the 2 eggs/1 banana pancakes. It's a quick and tasty start to the day. Hope you enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know. I'm looking forward to it. Maybe one to add to my regular repertoire. xx

      Delete