Wednesday 10 November 2021

Wednesday, 10-11-21

Good morning!  Things are still going well. thank goodness.  Enjoying nice food and no blips whatsoever.

I'm still looking around for likely recipes.  Anything containing turkey, cranberries and/or chestnuts is going to be considered festive, for a start, plus anything that, to my mind, feels 'celebratory or 'special'.

Any ideas, please?

Yesterday's meals:

Shopping took much longer than expected and, by the time I got home, it was so close to lunch, I just had an apple and a few little tomatoes.  No photo.

Lasagne leftovers were as nice, if not nicer, than the original.
I had a plum later on.
Very simple and very tasty dinner of fish, chips and peas.

And a Mullerlight to finish the day.

Today's plans:

B:  banana pancakes, strawberries and yogurt
The banana pancakes are the same as last week - one banana and two eggs, all mushed together.   Yesterday, I got a bag of strawberries, picked in June/July, out of the freezer to make some strawberry gin and there was some left over so they should go nicely with some natural yogurt and the pancakes.  They're mushy, of course, but taste so good.
SW:  speed, free and protein.  No syns

L:  cheese, bacon and onion toastie, salad; fruit
Because I didn't have breakfast yesterday, I have two thawed slices of bread to use up so toasties it is.  I just fancy some bacon with the cheese today.
SW:  two healthy extra As for cheese, one healthy extra B for the bread and half a syn for the onion chutney

D:  lamb hotpot, assorted veg; yogurt
I'll use another pot of that lamb I cooked the other week and the top is just a microwaved jacked potato sliced, seasoned and sprayed before browning off in the oven in my one-person casserole pot.  Veg is peas left over from yesterday because I cooked the rest of the bag as there weren't and awful lot left plus some runner beans from the summer harvest.
I'm really looking forward to it.
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt and the rest is speed/free/protein

E:  an hour of personal training.

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
one syn


From the freezer:
strawberries
bread for toastie
lamb casserole
runner beans

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, lamb hotpot! Lamb is one of my favourite indulgences, only have it around once a month but did a braised shoulder chop yesterday. It was delicious with lots of vegetables and some mint sauce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was absolutely gorgeous, I could have eaten twice the amount. The potato topping had absorbed some of the good stock and mmmmmmmmmm.
      xx

      Delete