Monday 22 November 2021

Monday, 22-11-21

Good morning!
The Christmas puddings are made and in a cold, dark place, i.e. the freezer - this recipe isn't a long lasting pudding so needs freezing, seeing as there's five weeks plus still to go before The Day.  

Yay!
(and they smell absolutely amazing)

Also yay is that I got some of my freezer spaces reorganised so most of the Christmas supplies are now all on one shelf.  I'm pleased about this, very pleased!  Much neater.

Yesterday's meals:

Just some fruit for breakfast and they were delicious!

I dearly love a roast dinner!
This was an Aldi lamb shank (plus associated gravy) with roasted sweet potato and parsnip (free veg) and steamed sprouts and broccoli (speed veg) and it was so, so good.

No room for any fruit afterwards.


I rather goofed here.  It was supposed to be a chicken traybake so I got out two small chicken thighs, not even looking at the labelling.  
Of course, it wasn't, it was two portions of chicken mince, darn it.
Instead, I used a chicken steak in batter for another six syns.  The calories weren't so bad though.
The veg was leftovers from lunch and I'm really getting fond of roasted sprouts.
Now I have to change my planning for the next few days to include chicken mince!

No yogurt - I wasn't hungry.

Today's plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
I will use natural yogurt for this.
SW:  speed and free, no syns

L:  cheese and onion toastie; fruit
I'll have some salad leaves and tomatoes on the side, probably.
SW:   this will take all my healthy extras plus half a syn for the onion chutney (must make some more, it's nearly all gone!)

D:  Swedish meatballs in sauce, mixed veg; yogurt
This is the first 'use up the chicken mince' recipe and I know it's nice as I have made it before; it's from the May/June magazine but it's not on the SW site. 
However, I used pork mince before so maybe I have to think about adding extra flavour somehow.  I won't have it with pasta, I will use konjac rice or noodles, whichever comes to hand first.
SW: half a syn for the meatballs, etc, one syn for konjac rice/noodles and half a syn for yogurt

E:  circuits today

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
two and a half syns


From the freezer:
the mince
bread for the toastie

2 comments:

  1. Now I want roasted sprouts... I think sprouts and parsnips when properly cooked are my favourite veggies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both delicious, aren't thy - there's more of a depth of flavour to them. xx

      Delete