Wednesday 3 November 2021

This week's Slimming World food haul - Morrisons

 I did this a day early as tomorrow looks like being a busy sort of day.

Dairy
I'm getting very low on flavoured yogurt and totally out of kvarg, hence the big buy.  Also, the were on special if you bought a certain number.  They will be pretty much all for desserts or the occasional breakfast.
Milk is standard, of course, and I was out of quark which I will use for sauces, etc.

The yogurts and kvargs are half a syn, the milk is a healthy extra A choice for 250 mls and the quark is free on SW.

Fruit:
Nothing special this week except that they had fresh cranberries.  I got some and they are now in the freezer, ready for closer to Christmas.
The rest will be desserts, breakfasts and snacks.
All speed on SW although one would have to syn any sugar added to the cranberries, of course.
Salad veg:
Two little bags of leaves were £1 for both, which was good.  Again, just the usual and it's all speed on SW.
Must now plan for some salads.
Veg:
Again, nothing unusual.  I already have plenty of potatoes and, thinking about it, I probably didn't need any more sprouts.  I'll just have to eat more, won't I?  Oh, the hardship!
All speed on SW.

Meat:  
As I'm still eating out of the freezer and will be for some time to come, all I got was some bacon.  I don't know about spoilt pig, I think it's spoilt Joy - it's lovely bacon.
Free on SW as long as you cut all the fat off.
Bits and bobs:
I'm getting through quite a lot of coffee bags at the moment but these four boxes should last me for a while.
The Cointreau is for feeding the cake - not for me as I have made a promise about No-vember, haven't I?  No alcohol.
(No, it won't all go in the cake, some will go in me, but not in November)

I also got some potato waffles and a bag of ice which went straight in the freezer and a bag of plain flour which I totally forgot to photo.

So that's this week's haul.  It seems shockingly expensive for what it is but that is just how things are now, isn't it?


7 comments:

  1. I get my shopping delivered and when I see it all lying on the kitchen floor (thanks to bagless deliveries!) I always think 'Is that all I got for my money?' Everything costs more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Gone are the days of loads for £20, even in Aldi and Lidl. I guess we had it lucky for a long time and there were warnings, even before Brexit and Covid.
      xx

      Delete
  2. That Spoilt Pig Bacon really is gorgeous isn't it. I'd leave the fat on and cook it till it's all crispy and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well - SW, you know. Maybe, for a treat, on Christmas morning.
      It really is the best bacon I have found in a supermarket. For a start, no white stuff comes off it as it cooks.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Hello - doing an old fashioned blog hop! I’m
    Here from Joy’s
    Blog who I’ve followed for a long time now! Spoilt pig bacon is lovely. Worth the extra £££ but my HG ) Hunter Gatherer ) does like Morrison’s own brand ‘old fashioned ‘ bacon if they still do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) I'm presuming you mean another Joy.
      Do you mean the kind they have on the meat counter? That's interesting, I don't think I have ever tried it. Or was it called 'old fashioned bacon'. If so, I don't think so.
      xx
      xx

      Delete