Friday 26 November 2021

Friday, 26-11-21

Good morning!

Weigh in today.  Fingers crossed.  I'd like to have lost one and a half as that takes me back into the single digit stone range again.  That would feel major.  
However, we will see and what will be, will be!  I'm loving my food, really don't want to go for the higher calories 'tempting' stuff and have every motivation for continuing, especially with the Advent Challenge starting on Wednesday next.  Whatever the scales show, I'm happy with things right now.

Yesterday's meals:

A very yummy breakfast - kiwi, nectarine and east peeler with some Greek yogurt flavoured with some skinny syrup.  I find this sort of thing surprisingly filling.


The second of three portions of the turkey hotpot and just as satisfying as the first.

I didn't have any fruit - just wasn't hungry enough.
This lemon chicken stir fry was lovely although not very lemony.  Next time, I'd double the lemon and maybe add some zest as well.

A kvarg finished off the day nicely.


It's not been a hungry day today so very easy to stay on plan.


Today's plans:

B:  apple pie porridge
. . . because I simply love it
SW:  one healthy extra  for 40g porridge oats and half a healthy extra A for 125 mls semi skimmed milk.

L:  loaded jacket potato with cheesy bacon and mushroom filling, salad; fruit
I've discovered that one can bake a potato in the actifry for much less effort and time than in the oven AND get that lovely, crunchy skin I love so much.  At least, that's what I read!
I will scoop out the soft potato, mash it up with cheese, some quark, some cooked mushroom and bacon and some seasonings and then pop it back in for another few minutes to re-heat to piping hot (must remember not to use the paddle!)
Fingers crossed!
SW:  one healthy extra A for 30g grated cheddar (or I might use 45g so it makes two healthy extras - can't go wrong with cheese on a jacket potato!)

D:  steak, butternut squash fries, roasted tomatoes, chutney; yogurt
Not potato chips because I've already had some for lunch and anyway, I LOVE butternut squash fries
Instead of the chutney, I might try a sauce I saw Jamie make on one of his endlessly repeated Christmas specials.  It was just crème fraiche, horseradish sauce and mustard mixed together, that's all.  I'll do it using quark and see how it works.  If I like it, it will do for the Advent challenge as I saw it on a Christmas programme < grin >.
SW:  if I have 1 tbsp chutney, it will be between half and one and a half syns, depending on which one.  If I have the sauce, made with 10ml each of horseradish and mustard, it will be two syns.  Dessert is half a syn

E:  a walk

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
two and a half syns at most - and that is assuming the worst!


From the freezer:
the steak

2 comments:

  1. I've not tried butternut squash fries, must give that a go. It would be wonderful if you get your hoped-for 1.5 loss today, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much.

      I do them in the Actifry with some seasoning and some spice mix, often cajun spice. I really love them. xx

      Delete