Tuesday 30 November 2021

Tuesday, 30-11-21

Good morning!

Just today to go and then the Festive Challenge starts - a month of meals with as much of a Christmassy link as I can manage.

I never thought I would get something I can adapt to make for SW from James Martin - he of the butter-with-everything approach - but I think I may have.
Look at this:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/potato_and_apple_rsti_54012

Yes, I will have to reduce the oil/butter and I will have to do some synning, but it sounds absolutely delicious - and I saw it on one of his Christmas programmes so it definitely counts towards the Christmas challenge..

Yesterday's meals:

Wow - very simple but just so delicious.  Potato waffle, smoked salmon and egg.  And mushrooms too.  
More filling than I expected.
For some reason, the soup came out a bit too thin so I thickened it a little bit with some cornflour for half a syn more.

Later on I had an apple.
A very yummy dinner indeed and pretty much effort free.  All those vegetables too.
I was full, no yogurt needed afterwards.


Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit platter
SW:  speed or free, no syns

L:  tomato and red pepper soup, croutons; fruit
My usual recipe but I will make double because of using a can of chopped tomatoes and freeze one portions for another time.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the croutons

D:  Tastily Swedish meatballs and mash, added veg; yogurt
This is the penultimate Tastily meal from the freezer and, although I have really enjoyed their meals, I probably won't be making it a regular thing, partly because they are very expensive for what they are and also because I do actually enjoy making my own meals.
SW:  I have just checked and Tastily meals are still not on the SW site so I have no idea of the syns but it's 492 calories which is fine for a main meal.  The yogurt is half a syn.

E:  strength and energy workout and maybe ballet exercises, both from Goldster

Summary:
no healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
syns unknown because of the tastily meal - the first two meals are both syn free


From the freezer: 
the Tastily meal
bread for the croutons
frozen mixed veg

No comments:

Post a Comment