Friday 19 November 2021

Friday, 19-11-21

Good morning!
Weigh in this morning.  I've been super-good all week apart from that once with the biscuits (and I did compensate for that) so fingers crossed, please.  xx

Yesterday's meals:

Choccy porridge, I have decided, is scrummy!  I so enjoyed this.  OK, it looks like sludge but porridge never looks that beautiful!
A very simple soup but wow.
I must remember -half a can of chopped tomatoes and two rinsed roasted red peppers from a jar plus stock, water, garlic and onion granules and a bit of seasoning.  So good.


The potato and leek gratin was delicious and very easy.  On my list of 'do agains', for sure.
And I finished off with a yogurt.


Today's plans:

B:  smoked haddock, tomatoes, mushrooms
After some rather feeble attempts to use up freezer (and cupboard) stuff, I'm trying a bit harder this coming week.
I don't usually have fish for breakfast but this is a classic.  No poached egg though - that would make too much.
SW:  All speed and free

L:  ham, egg, coleslaw and salad; fruit
I have ham in the freezer and an egg on top feels just right!  I'll make enough coleslaw for lunch and for dinner and split the syns.
SW:  one syn for mayo

D:  loaded home made burger, chips, coleslaw, salad; yogurt
As far as I can gather, 'loaded' means it's got a lot of goodies added to the mix.  So bacon, maybe, burger sauce for sure, tomatoes, leaves . . . and cheese, proper cheese, not plastic slices!
 I will knock together a burger sauce with a tsp each of mayo, ketchup and Dijon mustard.
I haven't decided whether to use under 5% or 12% mince.  If it is the latter, that will be two syns.  It probably will be because that makes a juicier burger.
SW:  the cheese will be one healthy extra A, one healthy extra B for a wholemeal roll, one syn for mayo and call it one and a half syns for the burger sauce which is on the generous side, I think.   Probably two syns for the mince.  Dessert is half a syn.

E:  a walk

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
six syns


From the freezer:
smoked haddock
ham
mince
bread roll

2 comments:

  1. Fingers firmly crossed for your weigh in, Joy. You've got a lovely day's eating today, all meals are things I'd love to eat. And yes, somewhat unfortunately (if you're eating low fat), fattier mince does make a much nicer burger. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does and I've decided to go for the 12% because isn't that what syns are for, after all?
      I'm aiming for moderation really but do try to avoid animal fats, hence cutting the fat off bacon, etc.
      Thanks, Sooze. It's been a good week with some delicious food so, whatever the scales tell me, I will be happy.
      xx

      Delete