Tuesday 9 November 2021

This week's (not completely) Slimming World food haul

 Morning.  It was Sainsbury's this week and I did it today because I was in that part of town so seized the opportunity.
I'm afraid I took the opportunity to indulge a bit - all in a good cause, of course (i.e. Christmas).  It's nice to get some things done and dusted, isn't it?

So here we go . . .

Veg:
The usual with the addition of a leek and a cabbage, to ring the changes.

Fruit and salad:
Not much of either although I did also get a bag of easy peelers which managed to hide from the photo!
Dairy:
No milk this week as I don't get through loads and have enough left.
I didn't really need the Light and Free protein thingies but people have been talking about them on YouTube so I thought I'd try.  They're half a syn per pot.
Meat:
This is all Christmas meat.  The consensus is that we have pork ribs for Christmas dinner and there were some nice meaty ones today so I got some.  The ham is the Be Good To Yourself one which I really like.  Very low in fat and tastes delicious.  Plus it is not 'formed from cuts'.  That's going in the freezer too, until Christmas.
Beth's Christmas:
She's very fond of Higgidy pies so I've got two for her as she will be eating here more than just The Day itself.  Those, with my own home made vegetable crumble, will work for her really well.
Naughty but nice:
With two exceptions - no, three - this is all going away for a month.
Campari is my all time absolute favourite drink.  I just love it.  It's not so easy to get hold of so when I saw it, I grabbed.  It's not being opened for at least a month.  I might see if I can hold off until Christmas week.
The gin is one of the exceptions because I will be mixing that with sugar and strawberries to make my strawberry gin liqueur.  Then it will be tucked away until Christmas
The Ribena is their Winter Spice and it is so, so lovely made with boiling water as a hot drink and, if I really want to spoil myself, I add some apple and orange slices to it.  I got three bottles because it tends to disappear really quickly.  Two for the shed and one to open now.
The biscuits are probably the only ones I will buy as I make my own biscotti and shortbread which are much nicer than the bought kind.  Them, with the Christmas Cake and the stollen that I always make with the marzipan leftovers, will see us through Christmas and New Year.
An finally, the tea bags - Earl Gray with clementine.  I'm enjoying my first mugful as I type and it's luvverley!

I realise something's missing.  I also got some weetabix with choc chips, the minis.  40g is a healthy extra B

And that's it for this week.  I hope the bank manager doesn't have a heart attack!


4 comments:

  1. I've never tried those Higgidy pies, although have often been tempted. I guess they're worth it, if Beth likes them so much, so I might have to give them a go. And oh, I didn't know they did Earl Grey with clementine, that sounds delicious. I'll look out for that, I do like Earl Grey, and anything citrussy. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I'm also very fond of Lady Grey tea - lovely.
      They are very nice and I think one would serve two if the portions are reasonable. They're just that bit different too.
      xx

      Delete
  2. You are certainly well stocked up - wish I could get in the Christmas sprit but it will be December before I get this organized!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it all goes back to when I was working. Teaching doesn't leave one with a lot of spare time at the weekend so I really got pretty much everything organised over half term. I'm not so organised nowadays but still like to feel things are moving in the right direction.
      xx

      Delete