Sunday 21 November 2021

Sunday, 21-11-21

Good morning!

STIR up, we beseech thee, O Lord, the wills of thy faithful people; that they, plenteously bringing forth the fruit of good works, may of thee be plenteously rewarded; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

That's the Collect for the 25th Sunday after Trinity and it prompts us (me) to make our Christmas pudding.  Yes, today is Stir Up Sunday and I will be following this lovely tradition without any consideration for syns, healthy extras (of which there are none) and free food (of which there is a bit!)
There's a time and a place for everything, after all**.


Yesterday's meals:

Mango and coconut porridge for breakfast and it was absolutely delicious!

Sadly, my tum went on me later in the morning.  It does that occasionally; I think it's a side effect - the only side effect - of no longer having a gall bladder.  It does seem to be a recognised thing.
Anyway, the rest of the day did not go to plan, I don't have photos and the soup and the mince will have to be thrown out as they have been out of the freezer, on the side in the kitchen, for too long.  I just forgot about them.
Annoying, but there you go.
I eel absolutely fine now so it is back on plan.


Today's plans:

B:  fruit salad, yogurt
A light breakfast because lunch will be bigger
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt, if I use Mullerlight

L:  lamb shank in minted gravy, Yorkshire pudding, roasted squash and parsnips, sprouts and broccoli; fruit
That's going to be a right plateful!  I will go carefully after yesterday.
I have one cooked Yorkshire left in the freezer so I can use that; I'll see how it goes this morning before deciding.
SW:  the lamb and gravy is five syns, the Yorkshire is, I think, two syns (it's written on the bag anyway) and the rest is speed and free

D:  chicken tray bake, veg; yogurt
I want something that will use up leftover veg (there always is some because I make sure there is) but that doesn't use up too many calories.  I thought of one of my lamb casseroles but I am having lamb for lunch so . . . chicken traybake it is.  Cook the chicken, add the veg half way through the cooking time and I'll probably spice it up with one of my spice mixes, all being well.
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt and I think the rest should be syn free.

E:  an online walk.  I'm missing the rebounder now I have put it away for Christmas.

Summary:
no healthy extras so I might spend some syns on a choccy drink and make it with all milk in the evening.
ten syns (assuming the evening drink and the Yorkshire pudding)

From the freezer:
lamb shank
Yorkshire pudding
chicken

**
There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

. . . and a time for Christmas Pudding!!

2 comments:

  1. You said it.... always a time for Christmas Pud. I hope yours turned out well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did, thanks, really well and they smell amazing! xx

      Delete