Wednesday 24 November 2021

This week's Slimming World food haul and a couple of other things.

 Good afternoon.  It's been a busy day so this is up later than usual.  It wasn't a big shop and almost all fruit and veg.

Veg including salad veg
Plenty of veg.  Just one parsnip as I already had one left and the cabbage wasn't in the list but looked so very lovely.
Fruit:
Plenty of fruit too and I felt like splashing out so got some nectarines and some kiwis as well as the other stuff.  



J just want to have plenty of fresh stuff this week to balance all the stuff from the freezer.
A few extras.
My nutmegs were so old that there was little aroma when I grated one the other day so I have replaced them.
The two bake in sauces are cajun (eight and a half syns for four servings) and a BBQ one at three and a half syns for four servings.
I know I don't need any meat but I just fancied a proper sausage - not that these are good sausages but they are two syns each so I thought I'd give them a go.

And finally . . .
. . . I was waiting for Aldi to get in their usual snowman and snow dog loo paper.  If I see it, I get it but they can be sold out too quickly.  It's very popular and very reasonably priced.
That's my loo and bathroom set up now!
The other is a pretty candle with citrus slices, etc, embedded in a gel around it.


And that's it for this week.  There was plenty to tempt but I resisted reasonably easily.  :-)




3 comments:

  1. Snowman toilet paper.....oh thanks Joy, that's given me a big smile! No disrespect intended, each to their own, it just makes me smile how some people go all out for Christmas (eg you and Cherie!). I'm just glad you enjoy it so much - even when in the loo! :-)) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is daft but it's nice daft and one always needs loo paper!!
      For many years while I was teaching, a colleague who lives next to one of our Aldis (we have three, would you believe?) used to get some for the staff loos for the last few days of the Christmas term. She was obviously a bad influence on me.
      xx

      Delete
    2. Well, whatever brings joy and a smile! xx

      Delete