Tuesday 16 November 2021

Tuesday, 16-11-21

Good morning!

Yesterday's meals:

Planned breakfast didn't happen.  I ended up having an apple and an easy peeler and was more than satisfied with that.  :-)

This was OK - I wouldn't get it again but the chicken was nice and a generous size too.
The M&S mini-meals are so much nicer than the Count on Us meals.
My idea for using the potatoes from the lunch meal worked really well and made a perfectly adequate topping for the pie.  There was a bit of mixed veg left over from lunch to add to the broccoli.
I really enjoyed this meal.
I was full so didn't have any yogurt.

Today's plans:

B:  oatbran pancakes with fruit and yogurt
Someone on our SW facebook page reminded us that one can use oat bran to make these pancakes so, as I have some, that's what I will use.  I'll see which flavourings I fancy when I make them.
SW:  one healthy extra B

L:  broccoli and cheese soup; fruit
I have a broccoli stem to use.  Through the summer, I chucked them out but now it is soup weather again . . .
I'm basing it on this recipe:
https://fatgirlskinny.net/wprm_print/7600
. . . but will probably adapt it as I go.  You know me!
SW:  roughly one healthy extra A per portion

D:  mustard chicken and leek one pot; yogurt
I found this recipe in easy cook and you can also find it on the BBC Good Food site
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/mustard-chicken-leek-one-pot
Looks nice, doesn't it?  I will adapt it for SW very slightly to work with what I've got - spray oil instead of olive oil (although the amount required is not excessive), and quark or yogurt instead of crème fraiche because I don't have any.
SW:  one syn for the mustard and half a syn for the yogurt

E:  a walk 

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
one and a half syns


From the freezer: 
just the chicken today

No comments:

Post a Comment