Monday 15 November 2021

Monday, 15-11-21

Good morning!
It was a funny old weekend in many ways but apart from the slip below, I think everything was pretty much on plan and I was definitely within my calorie deficit.
Even better, after an emotional Saturday, there was no backlash in terms of over-eating yesterday.  I'm very pleased about that.

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast - not at all what I planned but I was seized with the urge to try something out for the taster session nearer Christmas.  Twelve of these little mouthfuls are half a healthy extra B and a quarter of a healthy extra A (Primula light) plus quartered mini tomatoes.  They're like croutons, sprayed and baked until crispy.  I was thinking maybe one could also use little slivers of smoked salmon or that thin sliced beef or ham.  and one could use little star cutters instead of holly - or as well as.
Having made a few as a tester, I just had to eat them, didn't I?
Then I had an apple and an easy peeler.
(I didn't waste the cut off bread - I zizzed it into breadcrumbs and I now have half a heBs-worth in a bag in the freezer)
Lunch was at Beth's so no photos but Alex had made roast pork with carrots, parsnips, broccoli and baby corn and it was absolutely lovely although I had to smile inwardly because three of those four veg were what I had prepped for my evening meal!

That was the M&S mini meal chicken casserole with dumpling.  It was absolutely delicious and, although a small portion, plenty when teamed with vegetables.  I finished off with a kvarg.

A delicious day's eating.

And then I remembered that my extension guttering is being replaced today and, while I have plenty of tea, coffee, etc, I didn't have any biscuits to give them.  Fortunately, I did have butter in the freezer so I got it out, googled a nice looking recipe for lemon biscuits, and made some.  And once made, one does have to test them, doesn't one.  Ah, well, it was a one off and today any left will go straight in the freezer for Christmas.  It's actually a nice recipe and will do well for other times.
They are safely away out of sight in a tin now.

Today's plans:

B:   egg on toast
One or two slices of toast and a couple of eggs.  Simple but delicious.
SW:  half to one of a healthy extra B

L:  Count on Us chicken in a mushroom sauce, added mixed veg; fruit
This is from the freezer, obviously, and also has potatoes in the meal.  I remember from last time that they weren't very nice, those potatoes, being a bit sort of mushy, so I will take them out.  They won't be wasted though - see below.
SW:  four syns for the ready meal

D:  Potato topped mince and butterbean pie, fresh veg; yogurt
The other thing out of the freezer today is a portion of savoury mince with butterbeans.  The topping will be those potatoes from the ready meal, skin off, mashed and jazzed up with some cheese and, maybe, some other stuff like some softened onions perhaps.  I think they will be fine done that way as the texture shouldn't be so upfront
Waste not, want not.
SW:  if the potatoes do carry any syns, I've 'paid' then for lunch, the cheese will be between one and two healthy extra As, probably one and there won't be that much potato and the dessert will be half a syn

E:  circuit training today.

Summary:
one to two healthy extra As
half to one healthy extra B
four and a half syns


From the freezer:
Count on Us ready meal
potion of mince and butterbeans
mixed veg

2 comments:

  1. Clever use of the potatoes from lunch, Joy. I'm still trying to make inroads into my freezer ready meals, there's still such a lot in the freezer. I'm slowly getting there. Have a good day's eating. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite nice to look in every day and thing 'What do I fancy today?', isn't it?
      We're both definitely getting there, it all just takes time. There's a limit to how speedily one can use it all up.
      xx

      Delete