Tuesday 2 November 2021

Tuesday, 02-11-21

Good morning!

Yesterday's meals:

I had forgotten how much I like potato waffles.  Normally I'd have just the one but there were two very old ones in the freezer so . . .
They are now definitely on my shopping list!  Maybe not this week but at some point in the future.
Lunch was soup and croutons.  To make the croutons, I cut two slices of wholemeal (one healthy extra B) into cubes, sprayed with oil, added some salt and some garlic granules and cooked them in the actifry for ten minutes at 220C. Very nice.

I had the plum straight afterwards and saved the banana for later in the afternoon.
Lousy photo but a delicious dinner.  It used up the rest of the Sunday leftovers too - always a Very Good Thing.

A yogurt finished the day off.

Today's plans:

B:  apple pie porridge with yogurt and fruit
It's November - porridge is definitely back on the radar again!
SW:  one healthy extra B for oats and half a healthy extra A for milk.  

L:  teriyaki pork noodles; fruit
From the freezer, this one carries syns but is low calorie.  I made it a while ago and I'm not sure why the syns but they're written on the container lid.
SW:  four syns

D:  lamb and chickpea tagine; yogurt
Another SW magazine recipe (p 40), this sounds really yummy and is an all-in-one-pot recipe.  I have a lamb leg steak in the freezer plus all the other ingredients apart from leaf coriander which I wouldn't use anyway as it's horrid stuff!  
However, I thought tagines had fruit.  This one doesn't so I might just possibly pop in a few sultanas in as Google tells me they go nicely with lamb.  25g sultanas is three and a half syns - ouch.  I've done the maths and will have two syns' worth.
Looking at the recipe, I don't see why I can't have it simmering away all day in my mini slow cooker.  Sounds like a plan to me, if I get the lamb out now (very early morning).
Annoyingly, I've just been together what I need together and, while I have cans of pulses galore, I don't have chickpeas.  Not to worry, I will just substitute cannellini beans instead.
SW:  two syns for sultanas and  half a syn for the yogurt

E:  a walk

Summary:
half a healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
six and a half syns


From the freezer:
teriyaki pork noodles
chicken stock (for the tagine)
lamb leg steak

No comments:

Post a Comment