Saturday 6 November 2021

Saturday, 06-11-21

Good morning!
Well, after a rubbish half term week, food wise, I managed to claw it back enough through this last week to only gain half a pound which was a huge relief.

No 'naughty' meals for me this coming week.  I'm going to be totally on plan (I hope)

Today I want to do some more Christmas/festive/winter recipe hunting.  I've got some but not enough for the twenty four days of Advent, even allowing for repeats.  Any ideas?

Yesterday's meals:

Banana pancakes for breakfast.  Just two eggs and one mashed banana beaten together (I just used a fork) and fried in spray oil.  Really nice and very satisfying.  No, I didn't add marmite, that is chocolate sauce on it - between the kitchen and the camera the zigzags spread!

I definitely have another breakfast to add to my list of regulars.
Tasty lunch.  Smoked salmon pate made with 50g philly light (four syns), a dollop of quark, lemon juice, lemon zest, dried dill, smoked salmon and a quarter tsp hot horseradish sauce.
Also satisfying!

I don't think I had any fruit - I don't remember having any anyway.
A lovely 'treat-style' dinner that kept me very firmly on plan for the day.  I made the mushroom sauce too early, tried to keep it warm and it split!     That's what it's under the steak, not on top.  It still tasted brilliant but didn't look so amazing!  You live and learn and next time I will add the quark just before serving.
As usual, I finished off with a yogurt.

What a delicious day's eating it was and I felt very virtuous.


Today's plans:

B:  apple pie porridge
Oats, milk, apple, apple pie spice mix and caramel skinny syrup, maybe with some choccy sauce on top.  What's not to love, eh?
SW:  half a healthy extra A, one healthy extra B, maybe one and a half syns for the sauce

L:  "really nice veg soup - not veggie"; fruit
That's what it says on the lid.  That last bit is so I don't give it to Beth who is vegetarian.  I've had my B choice for today  but some grated cheese would go with it really well.
SW:  one healthy extra A and half a syn

D:  chicken tagliatelle; side veg; yogurt
One of my favourite vloggers, Tracy Mouse, did something like this a few weeks ago.  It starts with a can of chicken in white sauce (Aldi, one syn for the can) and she added various bits and bobs, including more chicken, before adding the pasta.  It looked absolutely delicious.  I might use tagliatelle or I might use other pasta - depends what comes to hand and I'll make more veg, either to go in or beside.
(There will be some of the chicken mix left over for tomorrow - I won't be eating the whole lot all at once)
SW:  half a syn for the chicken in white sauce and half for yogurt

E:  a walk

Summary:
one and a half healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
three syns


From the freezer:
veg soup
chicken
peppers
maybe some veg - runner beans, perhaps

2 comments:

  1. Well done on your hard work resulting in such a tiny gain, that'll be off next week.

    Hmm, Marmite and banana - now there's an interesting thought!! lol.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will - I have pulled up my big girl's socks!

      Interesting? Well, maybe . . . :-)
      xx

      Delete