Wednesday 24 November 2021

Wednesday, 24-11-21

Good morning!
The colder weather really has struck now and my food choices are reflecting this - more soups and cooked veg, much less salad and fewer cold meals.  Are you finding this too?


Yesterday's meals:

A simple and very satisfying breakfast.  There's little nicer than a fried egg on fried bread, even when adapted to work with SW.
The turkey hotpot was tasty - Dad would have enjoyed it very much.

I had an apple later on in the afternoon.
This chicken mince cottage pie looks a bit messy but it was deliciously good and I'm so glad I have exactly the same for lunch today.  Loving my leftovers!
I had drained off some of the passata based sauce and thickened that with a few thickening granules so let's count an additional syn (to be safe).
The day finished off with the usual yogurt.

Today's plans:

B:  porridge and fruit
I'll add some skinny syrup to the porridge although I'm not sure which flavour yet.
SW:  half a healthy extra A (milk) and one healthy extra B (oats)

L:  cottage pie and veg; fruit
The second half of last night's dinner and I did extra veg so they can just be warmed up.
SW  one healthy extra A for cheese in the mash

D:  chilli con carne, konjac noodles; yogurt
I will use one of the cartons of savoury pork mince from the freezer, add some kidney beans and I have noodles in water in the fridge that really should be used up today.  I'll probably add some mushroom and red pepper to the mix too.
SW:   I'm pretty sure the mince is free, the kidney beans certainly are and the noodles are one syn (three quarters of a syn really).  Dessert is half a syn

E:  an hour of personal training today.

Summary:
one and a half healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
one and a half syns


From the freezer:
fruit
savoury mince
ingredients in the cottage pie, made a few days ago

2 comments:

  1. I'm not doing terribly well at using up freezer stuff....must try harder! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slow and steady. You'll get there, we both will. :-)
      xx

      Delete