Wednesday 3 November 2021

Wednesday, 03-11-21

 Good morning!
I was pondering November's targets, having spectacularly failed at Octobers and decided that, instead of targets, I would have a No - No-vember.  It's very simple; no alcohol at all in November, not even a little Friday sip.  None!
As soon as I made the decisions, I was glad so I think it's right and I think I am fine with it.  It helps that there's no family celebrations to make it harder.
Today is day 3!

Yesterday's meals:

Apple pie porridge with a little dab of chocolate sauce in the middle.  Really filling and warming on a cold November morning.
I've remembered when I had this teriyaki pork noodle meal before.  It was one of the Hello Fresh meals; I made both portions and managed to freeze two smaller portions.  It was lovely and I'm glad there's another portion to enjoy another time.
It may not look very much but this lamb and chickpea (cannellini beans really) tagine was absolutely gorgeous.  I didn't use as much stock as it said and it was a good, home made chicken stock.  Also, looking at the recipe, I realise I forgot lemon juice and yogurt, both of which would have been lovely, but never mind.
The spices were cinnamon, cumin and ground coriander - very Moroccan.  Some couscous with it would have been nice but it wasn't necessary, there was loads and it was so filling.
Nov/Dec Slimming world magazine (out now), p 40.
As almost always, a yogurt closed the day's eating.

Today's plans:

B:  bacon, egg, beans and mushrooms
The beans have been in the freezer for just a few days, leftovers from the weekend and I want to use them up.
SW:  should all be free

L:  bean, turkey and tomato soup, grated cheese; fruit
I have cannelloni beans and chopped tomatoes left over from yesterday so I thought I'd add dribs and drabs from the freezer and make a nice hearty bean soup/casserole.  I have a little pot of turkey bits in gravy that would work well in this too.  Another for the slow cooker, perhaps, maybe overnight - it really earns its space in these colder and darker months.
SW:  one healthy extra A for cheese and I am estimating the gravy at two syns - there isn't much - but I think the rest should be free/speed, thinking of what I have hanging around in fridge and freezer

D:  Count on Us chicken and mushroom pie, assorted veg; yogurt
From the freezer.
SW:  annoyingly, I can't find the syns for this but it is under 300 cals and similar CoU items are around four syns so that's what I'm going with.  Half a syn for dessert

E:  it should be personal training with Lindsey today but we have changed it to Friday this week.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
no B
six syns


From the freezer: 
baked beans
CoU chicken pie
mixed veg
turkey bits in gravy

No comments:

Post a Comment