Sunday 7 November 2021

Sunday, 07-11-21

Good morning!
One November week down, pretty much, and all's going well.  I'm finding plenty of Christmassy based recipes but a lot of them are sweet things.  It's hard to know what constitutes a 'Christmassy' recipe really - I think it must be a very personal thing with some having that festive vibe for me.  I'm having a lot of fun anyway!
What makes a recipe 'Christmassy' for you?

Yesterday's meals:

Just porridge with apple pie spice mix, an apple and some chocolate sauce.  Delicious.
One more container down in the freezer and a very satisfying lunch.

Later on I had another easy peeler.
This idea with the Aldi chicken in white sauce with extras was nice although it took a while to get some flavour into the sauce which seemed a bit 'thin' - not in texture, just in taste; I suppose that's not surprising, considering how little it costs.  I added some chicken stock powder, some lemon juice, some mustard and some garlic granules and then, after adding the tagliatelle, I stirred in a tbsp lighter crème fraiche which really did the trick.   
It looks a bit low on speed veg but the chicken part is loaded with onion, mushroom and mixed peppers.
As usual, the eating window finished with a yogurt.

Today's plans:

B:  egg on potato waffle with mushrooms and tomatoes on the side
I might spray fry or I might poach or I might scramble - I'll see how I feel when the time comes.
SW:  two syns for the potato waffle

L:  a Sunday roast with Yorkshires and assorted veg; fruit
I will be using one of the portions of sliced roasted chicken from the freezer, a couple of Yorkshires left over from last week (two syns each), roasted sweet potato instead of potatoes (as I'm having potatoes in the evening) and various veg.  I don't think I will make bread sauce this week but I might make a couple of 'stuffing' balls using a LM rosemary and red onion sausage.
It will be nice, however it works out.
SW:  four syns for the Yorkies, one and a half -ish syns if I make a bit of cranberry sauce - I'll work that out when I actually make it.

D:  chicken and mushroom pot pie, more veg; yogurt
I plan to make some cheesy mash and use it to top some of the chicken mixture made yesterday minus the pasta and the creme fraiche.  Served with some lovely fresh veg, it should go down a treat.
SW:  half a syn for the chicken mixture, one or two healthy extra As for the cheese and half a syn for yogurt

E:  possibly a walk or something indoors, depending on the weather and my own inclination

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
no healthy extra B
eight and a half syns


From the freezer:
potato waffle
chicken
Yorkshires
edited to add:
LM rosemary and red onion sausage
cranberries
the fag end of a bag of diced sweet potato (to go with the mash for dinner)

No comments:

Post a Comment