Monday 7 February 2022

Monday, 07-02-22

 Good morning!
So into the new week we go.  I  have my list of 'meals I really fancy' beside me with the meal (b, l or d) on one side and, when I include it in the planning, the day on the other side.
What I'm finding is that I can be pottering around and suddenly think 'Oooh, I do fancy x y z' but by the time I get to planning some meals, I've forgotten.  Now, I just jot it down on my list and it's there in black and white.

So, glancing at my list, I can see:
pasta, chicken, pepper sauce
weetabix
smoothie
pitta pizza
fluffy pancakes
chicken biryani
chicken stroganoff
cheeseburger pasta
and more . . .

It's really helping me when I sit down to properly plan the day.

I've also done a list of breakfasts.  My mind sometimes goes blank when I come to breakfasts, maybe because I do the final planning first thing each morning and my brain hasn't quite woken up.
I'll post it as a separate entry, for my own sake and in case anyone might find it helpful too.

And finally, as freezing the par boiled chips has worked so well, I did a batch of them and now have enough in the freezer for five or six small portions.  I think that will be so useful.  They're just as nice done in oven as in actifry so that's good.

Yesterday's meals:

A very simple and totally yummy bowl of porridge, made with oat milk and a bit of water, with a good dollop of apricot jam on top.  Real winter comfort food, perfect when it's lashing with rain outside.

Somehow, I doubt too many salady bits was in any was responsible for the half pound on last week so I loaded up with them.  The quiche was delicious too.
Then I had some melon and a couple of easy peelers.


Dinner was steak with mushroom sauce (rather dry mushroom sauce - not enough soft cheese, I suspect, but not to worry) with the leftover roasted Med veg and some hm frozen chips which I did in the actifry this time as the oven was only on for plate warming.
The steak looks overdone but it wasn't, it was nicely charred on the outside and still a bit pink on the inside, just how I like it.
It was a lovely dinner and very filling.  I managed all the chips (it was a small portion) but left half the veg and half the steak so that's today's lunch sorted.
Today's meal plans:

B:  bacon, hash brown, tomatoes and mushrooms
There's a whole range of things I could have in a cooked breakfast, most of them speed or free.   Bacon, egg done various ways, hash brown, baked beans, other potato, sausage, tomatoes, mushrooms, 'fried' bread, toast, a muffin or roll (B choices) . . .  
However, in the interests of sensible portions, I have decided that, from now on, usually I will choose four items and no more.
SW:  half a syn for some bbq sauce

L:   Steak, roasted veg and some fresh veg; fruit
I had planned for a toastie but am happy to change it for leftovers.  Waste not . . .
I'll probably do some fresh veg as well, to go with the med veg, as I'll probably be feeling hungry after circuits.
SW:  I'm saying one syn for the soft cheese in the mushroom 'sauce' although it probably isn't that really  and the rest is syn free.

D:  steak in gravy with a cheesy mash topping, side veg; yogurt
I will use a can of M&S chunky steak with most of the gravy drained off (it's lovely steak, great quality) and the mash will be a mix of potato, sweet potato and butternut squash all squidged together; I love it done that way, it's really tasty.
It will probably make enough for two portions.
(Edit:  Having made it up ready to pop in the oven this evening, I can confirm that it definitely makes two portions - three if you're OK with not having loads of meat)
SW:  one healthy extra A for cheese in the mash and half a syn for the yogurt.  Amazingly, the steak and the gravy are syn free

E:  kettle exercises and circuits

Summary:
one healthy extra A  (Edit:  half a healthy extra A)
no healthy extra B
two syns


From the freezer:
hash browns
the steak was from the freezer yesterday
butternut squash
sweet potato

No comments:

Post a Comment