Tuesday 22 February 2022

Tuesday, 22-02-22

Good morning!
It looks like today is a day of leftovers rather than using up freezer food but at least I'm saving them from the freezer

Yesterday's meals:

This had 175mls Oatly skinny, a dollop of natural yogurt, some raspberries, mango and strawberries (all from the freezer) and 10g oats all zizzed together.
So delicious and very filling too.
I mixed the leftover apple, onion and some of the pork with some grated cheese, piled it into a pitta, wrapped it in foil and warmed it up in the oven.  Very nice - much nicer than it looks.
Lovely campfire stew with some orzo cooked in it.  Yummy.

And I finished with a yogurt

Today's plans:

B:  campfire stew, mushrooms, tomatoes
I know it sounds daft but what is campfire stew after all but ham and beans and that's very breakfast-y.
SW:  syn free

L:  soup, croutons; fruit
More of the broccoli, leek and butterbean soup from the freezer, to which I will add a couple of cheese triangles and a splash of oat drink for half an A choice.
SW:  half a healthy extra A and one healthy extra B for bread

D: pork and apple pasta, mixed veg; yogurt
I still have loads of pork left which really must be used today.  You seem to get such a lot when you slice it thinly.  I'm definitely getting pork fillet again, it seems great value.
Anyway - I plan to do very much the same as Sunday except that I will used some cheese triangles instead of crème fraiche in the sauce and I'll probably add some thinly sliced mushrooms to the mix as well.  Oh - and the pork is already cooked, of course.
SW:  half a healthy extra A for two cheese triangles and half a syn for the yogurt 

E:  kettle exercises, Lindsey's homework and perhaps a walk

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
half a syn


From the freezer:
soup
mixed veg
and I've stopped the leftover stew from going in the freezer!

2 comments:

  1. Hi - another pound off for me yesterday. Daughter a pound and a half! And I won the raffle! Made the root veg soup today and will give half to daughter when she comes over on Thursday. I love this new group and daughter thinks she will, too - if her first visit was anything to go by. I must try the campfire stew soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's brilliant. Well done to both of you and I'm very glad the new group is working better for you!
      xx

      Delete