Saturday 12 February 2022

Saturday, 12-02-22

 Good morning!

Well, that was a lot better - two pounds off this week which is more like it!  Phew.
Also, I won the raffle which was a really good one - all the ingredients needed to make a vegetable based pasta sauce plus the pasta which I used some of last night.


There should also be a pack of stock cubes but they managed to escape the camera!
If I don't make up the recipe (and I probably won't as I have lots of pasta sauce things in the freezer right now), these are all things that I use regularly so a really super raffle prize for me.

I won last week too - I usually never win these things so twice in a row was weird - and it was freezer storage containers, also very useful.

Yesterday's meals:

Definitely four items on my breakfast plate is plenty!

I really must learn not to add the mayo until AFTER the photo!!

I changed from quesadilla to crimpie.  What's a crimpie?  It's a sort of gadget that squidges the edges of bread or  thins together to contain a filling which is then toasted.  
This is not a sponsorship thingy - I don't do them - just a recommendation.  It's a useful little gadget that can be used with savoury or sweet fillings and it's so easy to use.
Here's a link to their site.
https://crimpit.co.uk/

Forgive the wizened old digits!!!
An inside view.

Anyway, this one had leftover chilli and grated cheddar inside and it was very tasty!


No photo of dinner because Dave and Anna were over.  As expected, the food was pretty on plan and, given I made enough for six portions, I had one and there's only one left, D and A must have liked it!
The wine, on the other hand, was certainly NOT on plan but not to worry, I only have a slightly muggy head this morning!  The cheese and crackers were also off plan but very, very nice.  
And we talked and talked and talked and it was all lovely!

But I am 'dry' again now, probably until I go to Potters in three weeks' time.

Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit platter
I really don't feel like anything in the least bit heavy and the thought of a fruit platter really appeals.  I have melon, strawberries, raspberries and grapes as well as the usual trio (apple, pears and oranges) to choose from.
SW:  speed/free, syn free

L:  pasta bake leftovers, salad, coleslaw; fruit
This is the one little portion left over from last night.  It's a bit sort of dried up but I'm not going to waste it and I can probably rehydrate it with a bit of water or stock.  The salad and coleslaw are also leftovers.
SW:  slightly problematic so this is a guesstimate.  I used full fat mayo for the coleslaw and it contains raisins so I'll call the mayo four syns, the raisins can be part of my healthy extra B - say half - and the cheese on the pasta bake will be an A choice.  I'm overestimating, I think, but better than under.

Sn:  Oatly milk drink
SW:  up to one healthy extra A

D:  steak, chips and coleslaw; yogurt
A nice little fillet steak (from Aldi so nowhere near as naughty as it sounds), the coleslaw is more leftovers and the chips will be a small portion.  I've discovered eight or nine chips is just right for me.
SW:  four syns for the coleslaw mayo, the other half of my B for the raisins and half a syn for dessert

E:  kettle exercises and, probably, another walk, as long as the weather permits.

Summary:
one and a half to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
eight and a half syns


From the freezer:
saving the pasta bake leftovers from going into the freezer!
steak
chips

Into the freezer:  I did a mix of grated cheddar and mozzarella to top the pasta bake.  There's some left over so I will add the rest of the grated mozzarella from the pack, the same amount of grated cheddar and freeze it for use at other times.  Very handy!

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely loss! Well done Joy. And what a decent raffle prize. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one I was happy to win. I always buy tickets to support 'the fund' (it provides coffee, etc as well as being self funding) but I don't always particularly want the prize. Yesterday, I did.

      Thanks, Sooze. I was both pleased and relieved at the loss.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Well done with the 2lb loss! That must have given you a real boost! I always buy tickets, as well, but we don't get coffee! Or anything, for that matter! Maybe it helps pay for the hall hire and heating?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe. Anyway, I have no objections. :-)

      It did give me a boost, thank you very much. xx

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of that gadget for 'carb days'. I bet I could think up loads of tasty fillings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - it's so handy and takes up next to no room, unlike a toastie. You can use thins or bread.
      xx

      Delete
    2. toastie maker, I mean.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Oops.I didn't mean to publish that I wasn't finished. That raffle prize is a great one and has given me an idea for our whist prize when my veg starts growing.... A soup mix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant - I'm sure it would be very welcome. I'm not using the recipe that came with it but I know winners in some of Jen'#s other groups have and said it was lovely.
      xx

      Delete
  5. That's a fab result and all the little numbers are starting to accumulate now for you! I love winning the raffle at group ! I always try and put something good in it x

    ReplyDelete