Saturday 26 February 2022

Saturday, 26-02-22

Good morning!
Half a pound off at SW group yesterday which I'm happy about.  Better a loss than a gain!
It was a good all round time.
It was a taster session so there was some nice food.  It was also the Free Food Festival comp which I won by default (no one else entered, which was a shame but not everyone is happy to invent a recipe, to be fair).  Mine may not be unique but I know it is original because I remember making it up from bits and bobs.  It was my roasted tomato and red pepper soup with garlic croutons and, though I say it myself, everyone liked it very much, so I didn't feel too fraudulent.
And then I got the slimmer of the week hamper, not because I was slimmer of the week - I certainly wasn't - but because she and the second in line both didn't stay to meeting so Jen drew the raffle again and I won it.  
And finally, there were some left over bits so the social team shared them out./  I came home with a lemon and mint mixer thingy from Aldi and a pot of 0% yogurt.  Nice.




Later on, my ankle weights arrived so I wore them for the rest of the day.  They're not all that heavy, just half a kilo each, so I hardly knew I was wearing them but when I took them off before bed, it felt like I was walking on air!

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast was tasters.
Lunch was not very much because I was busy doing some clearing and organising in the kitchen and didn't realise how late it was.  I just had the last Skinny Dream bar.

Dinner was really nice.
One of the good things about sorting and reorganising is that one finds things that one had forgotten about and so it was with the rice.  I found half a bag of basmati and wild rice and another half bag of wholegrain jasmine rice, red rice and riceberry - whatever that is - which I will use once the first one has all been used up.  I've labelled the jar as 'posh rice' which should cover it.

Anyway, dinner was onion, red pepper, mushroom and chicken, all cooked in spray oil, then add some stock and some lighter crème fraiche and it was delicious without needing much in the way of seasoning at all.


Today's plans:

B:  muesli, fruit and yogurt
I'd half forgotten I had the muesli but now everything is in glass jars, it's loads easier to see what I have available.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the muesli

L:  lentil pancake wrap with feta, carrot, cabbage and mayo, side salad; fruit
I first saw this wrap recipe thing on YouTube.  It's a Frugal Queen recipe and is so, so simple but she sings its praises so I thought I'd give it a go and see.  I like lentils so they won't be unpalatable however they turn out, I think.
Here's the links:
https://www.frugalqueeninfrance.com/recipes/ocimyivw5vuygis1rea7wpcc2r6ilr
SW:  one healthy extra A for the feta, one syn for the mayo.

D:  chilli, rice and mixed veg; yogurt
I have the rest of the rice to use up, I'll get some cooked mince from the freezer, spice it up, add some red kidney beans and Bob's your uncle!
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt

E:  I'll wear my ankle weights but my back is a bit sore so I won't do much else today

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
one and a half syns


From the freezer:
mince
mixed veg

4 comments:

  1. I make red lentil wraps regularly, sometimes adding different spices depending on what I'll be eating them with.

    Well done on your loss and SW wins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.

      I have a feeling I have made them before, I just can't remember when. I do hope I like them because it's a very handy thing to be able to make.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Well done on your weight loss. I love the lentil wraps - took a while to get them right but definitely worth the effort. My husband's birthday tomorrow and both daughters and partners coming for lunch. Doing a SW friendly version of roast beef and will have some cake, of course! And a glass or 2 of fizz might pass my lips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to husband and have a lovely time. Fizz sounds absolutely perfect.xx

    ReplyDelete