Saturday 19 February 2022

Saturday, 19-02-22

Good morning!
Well, I did go to group and I lost one and a half pounds, yay!
I had decided not to go and had messaged Jen to that effect.  However, when the time came, my conscience was bothering me (I'm on the social team so there are commitments for me), the winds were very slight and I thought if they strengthened quickly I could always leave after the weighing (as several others did).  However, while the walk home got a bit interesting, it was OK and safe enough so I'm very glad I went.  I wouldn't have gone, had it been the afternoon!

Hoping everyone reading this is safe and sound and that UK readers haven't had any problems during such strong winds.
Yesterday's meals:
OK, so breakfast was  - er - different because I popped into Morrisons on the way home and bought some naughties which I promptly scoffed.  Ooops.
And then at lunch time the cleaners arrived and when they'd finished I just made myself a nice chicken sandwich - I haven't had an ordinary sandwich for ages - and it was very nice indeed.  I forgot to photo it though.

That's what I call a good Friday Fakeaway.  Delicious!

Today's plans:

B:  weetabix, oat milk and fruit.
I had taken some fruit out of the freezer for the breakfast I never had yesterday so I must use that up today
SW:  one healthy extra B for the weetabix and an A for 350 mls oatly skinny - I won't have all of it with the weetabix, I will have some as a drink in the afternoon.

L:  sushi and salad; fruit
Again, planned yesterday and not eaten and I must have the sushi today.  I'll probably make some coleslaw to add variety.
SW:  one and a half syns for the sushi and one for some mayo

D:  campfire stew, jacket potato and various veg; yogurt
The lovely Rachel (Eternally 28 and Trying to be Less Fat) posted this on her main blog and I remembered that I have a 'Be Good to Yourself' small gammon ham in the freezer that I could use.  I got it out last night and it will simmer away in the slow cooker all day!
Here's the link to the recipe post.
http://eternally28.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2022-02-17T15:35:00Z&max-results=1
Do pop over and take a look (if you don't already) - I always end up smiling/chuckling over her posts; they're very cheering.
SW:  as far as I can see, it is syn free apart from dessert which is half a syn

E:  Lindsey's homework and kettle exercise

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
three syns

From the freezer:
fruit
small gammon joint

8 comments:

  1. Yay for the loss, well done Joy! I'm also going to do Rachel's campfire stew this coming week, I have a gammon in the freezer too (amazingly still frozen after our extended power cut). xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were so lucky with the power. Not even a flicker.
      It's surprising how long freezer food stays safe as long as you keep the door closed, isn't it?
      And thank you.
      xx

      Delete
  2. oh Joy, thank you for the links and the pressure is on lol. I hope everyone soaks their gammon first else it might be a bit salty! Also mine is based on Pinch of nom which I think I said! I don't want to get sued! I chuckled at the snackcident you had in Morrisons! Well done on another 1.5lbs gone. I too am going to have Campfire stew for the third day on the trot! The other 9 portions are in the freezer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol!
      I think every recipe is based on another. I may think I go creative in the kitchen but just about everything I do is based on something else. Very few ideas come right out of the blue.
      Yes, you did say, and I will restate that in the next entry, just to be sure.
      And thank you. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. Fantastic loss! Brilliant! Back from my travels , delayed return until today rather than yesterday for obvious reasons, but still had journey from hell from Crawley. M4 closed for planned works so was taken an awful route where many of the traffic lights weren't working due to power outages. Hopefully my SW plans didn't go too awry as friend smokes and as I know (as an ex- smoker) nicotine suppresses the appetite so copious amounts of food were not forthcoming! I was hungry but coped! We will see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds as if there might be a slight advantage to smoking! Not a lot, mind you, just a bit.
      I'm sorry your journey back was muddled but I'm very glad you didn't try to travel on Friday. That would have been a Bad Idea!
      And thank you.
      xx

      Delete
  4. PS. Daughter had her last meeting at our previous place on Thursday and hit her 1 stone loss. So proud of her - I'm playing catch-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's brilliant. It sounds like she's really taking it all on board. Congratulations to her. xx

      Delete