Sunday 13 February 2022

Sunday, 13-02-22

 Good morning!
Breakfast starts off rather ordinarily but the other two meals will be much more interesting to cook, I think.  I'm looking forward to today's meals, definitely!

Yesterday's meals:

This was just perfect for a lazy, gentle breakfast.

Leftovers lunch.  The salad was a bit sad but the rest was delicious; the coleslaw was nicer than yesterday as some sweetness had leached out of the raisins into the mayo and it was so good with the mince and pasta.
I had three little satsumas for dessert.



Later on, I had some oatly drink
Steak and chips is always nice and this was no exception.  The coleslaw is finished now.

I was full up so didn't have the usual yogurt.


Today's meal plans:

B:  beans on toast
The gold old . . .
SW:  half a healthy extra B for one slice of toast and half a syn for some bbq sauce

L:  pork with apple and onion, veg on the side; fruit
I just fancied something like then when I was considering what to have.  I've found a recipe that I can base it on.
It's really supposed to be pork tenderloin but I don't have that so I will have to modify it with pork loin.  Basically, you sear the pork and set it aside, soften the apple and onion in the pan, spread Dijon mustard and fresh thyme over the pork, add the rest of the mustard and some chicken stock to the apple and onions, season, place the pork on top and pop it in the oven to bake.  It doesn't say anything about covering it bit I might, I'll see how it does.
At the end, I will add some lighter creme fraiche to the apples, onions and remaining stock to make it creamy.
I'll serve it with fresh veg on the side.
Sounds nice, doesn't it?
SW:  one syn for 10 mls Dijon mustard, and one and a half syns for one tbsp lighter creme fraiche (I might have more, I will see how it looks)

D:  chickpea and roasted veg bake, side salad; yogurt
I have chickpeas left over from the other day so I'll probably just spray roast some veg - onion, red pepper, tomatoes, mushrooms, maybe sweet potato in a spice mix.  I have several mixes to choose from.  
Served with a side salad, it should be quite nice and I might crumble some feta over the top.
SW:  one healthy extra A for the feta and half a syn for yogurt

E:  kettle exercise and some other Lindsey Youtube routine

Summary:
one healthy extra A
half a healthy extra B
three and a half syns, perhaps a bit more - I know one is supposed to syn cooked apple but . . .


From the freezer:
bread
pork loin
sweet potato chunks
mixed veg

4 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely Joy, especially the lunch, that's right up my street. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to it. I don't have pork that often so it feels like a real treat. -
      xx

      Delete
  2. I love leftovers more than firstovers hahaha

    ReplyDelete